CHRLS Alumni Association
The Alumni Association of the Center for Human Resources and Labor Studies (CHRLS) promotes leadership in the field of human resources and industrial relations by providing academic and professional learning experiences, facilitating access to the center's resources, and sharing professional opportunities, while strengthening the relationship between its alumni and the Carlson School, the University of Minnesota, and the broader community. The CHRLS Alumni Association is governed by an 18-member Board of Directors who work to build a community of engaged alumni by:
- Connecting alumni with each other in order to increase networks and deepen relationships
- Promoting professional competence and leadership through ongoing learning opportunities
- Facilitating alumni awareness and access to available CHRLS opportunities and resources
- Communicating the benefits of involvement with other alumni and students
2019-2020 CHRLS Alumni Association Board of Directors
- February 5, 2019 - 11:30 am to 1:00 pm. Kate Mortenson, President and CEO, 2019 Minneapolis Final Four and Michael Happe, President and CEO, Winnebago Industries
- March 5, 2019 - 11:30 am to 1:00 pm. Jeff Harmening, CEO and Chairman of Board of Directors, General Mills
- April 2, 2019 - 11:30 am to 1:00 pm. Ben Fowke, Chairman, President and CEO, Xcel Energy
- May 7, 2019 - 11:30 am to 1:00 pm. Doug Baker, Chairman of Board and CEO, Ecolab, Inc.
HR Tomorrow Conference
April 12, 2019 - 8:00 am to 5:45 pm
During the 2018-2019 academic year, the Alumni Mentorship Committee will host opportunities for connecting students and alumni. The first of these opportunities was an "HR Executive Networking event, held in late October 2018, where HR executives met with students, answered questions, offered advice, and shared their career paths. For more information, contact email@example.com.
The second initiative will be the One-on-One Mentoring Program, which will kick off in mid-January 2019, where first-year MA-HRIR students will be matched with alumni for a year-long mentoring relationship. If you are interested in volunteering as an Alumni Mentor, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in participating in one or more of these Alumni Mentoring events, or have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
As an Alumni Board, we also coordinate this annual conference to provide a venue for the exchange of ideas, a professional and academic learning experience and an on-going connection to the CHRLS. This is a premier event that attracts over 325 attendees each year, and offers professional development as well as the opportunity to network with alumni, faculty and peers in the HR and business community.
The Alumni Engagement Committee was formed in 2017 to strengthen the CHRLS alumni network and create a formal structure for reinforcing relationships and re-engaging alumni with the program. The committee's initiatives will help in building a pipeline of alumni to pull from for conference speakers, future board members, mentors, and national and global representatives of the program.
Membership in the CHRLS Alumni Association is open to all HRIR graduates and undergraduate alumni; there is no application process or membership fee, and graduation is not required. To serve on the Board of Directors of the CHRLS Alumni Association, members must have completed all requirements of the MA-IR or MA-HRIR program and been granted their degree. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.