Gary S. Holmes Center for Entrepreneurship About
The Gary S. Holmes Center for Entrepreneurship is the hub of entrepreneurship and innovation at the University of Minnesota that inspires, educates and connects the next generation of Minnesota's entrepreneurs. We mobilize the community and provide support for emerging entrepreneurs, both within and outside the University, through experiential courses and outreach programs. We believe that entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship are essential to a thriving economy and play a vital role in job creation. We want to ensure that our students and entrepreneur community get the support and connections they need to nurture, grow and scale their ideas.
Annual Schedule - Major Events in 2024
- Founders Day - May 8
- MN Cup Semifinalist Reception - June 5 | Register Here
- MN Cup Final Awards Reception - September 16 | Register Here
- Twin Cities Startup Week - September TBD
- WE* TALKS - September TBD | Register Here
- Food Ag Ideas Conference - October TBD | Register Here
- Women Innovators Conference - November TBD | Register Here
When the Carlson School of Management was renamed in his honor in 1986, Curt Carlson had a vision that "the school bearing my name would become a mecca for would-be entrepreneurs." CSM Corp. founder Gary Holmes' 2007 transformational gift redefined the Holmes Center for Entrepreneurship as the University's hub for entrepreneurship and innovation. Since that time, more than 135 generous supporters have funded the courses and programs operated by the Holmes Center.