Education Abroad Undergraduate
The Carlson Global Institute's Education Abroad offerings are created to meet the needs of undergraduate students looking for business-focused abroad programming. Although Carlson School undergraduate students may fulfill their International Experience with any credit-bearing study abroad program, CGI's programs are designed to align with the Carlson curriculum and fulfill additional requirements for Carlson undergraduates.
There are two main program types available for Carlson undergraduates:
- Short-term faculty-led programs where students travel overseas together with other U of MN students taking one class taught by a Minnesota faculty member
- January - Classes in the Fall Term, followed by two weeks abroad in January.
- Spring Break - Classes in Spring Term with travel abroad over the University of Minnesota spring break.
- May/June - Classes in the Spring Term, followed by two weeks abroad after the end of the semester
- Semester exchange programs - Carlson students "exchange" places with a student at a partner university for a semester. These programs offer business and non business courses in English at top-ranked business schools around the world.
- Summer Programs - study at a partner business school for three to twelve weeks during the summer term. Business internships during the summer are also available.
- Experiential Programs - semester and summer options through a study abroad provider which include experiential business components such as unpaid internships, language courses or research projects.