The Undergraduate Business Career Center supports students of all identities at all points in their career development processes.
By the numbers
employment for the class of 2019
students who would recommend the UBCC after completing a career coaching appointment in 2019-2020
Class of 2019 employed in Minnesota
Through UBCC services, Carlson School undergraduate students will:
- Identify and articulate their unique strengths, interests, values, and skills
- Explore and make decisions about majors, careers, industries, organizations, and job opportunities
- Strategically communicate professional identity via targeted resume, cover letter, LinkedIn, and interview skill development
- Engage in meaningful experiences including internships, jobs, volunteer and community engagement, student involvement, and learning abroad
- Connect with alumni and mentors to gain career insights and build a professional network
- Skillfully evaluate job offers and engage in negotiation
- Develop reflection skills and tools and apply them throughout the career management process
- Feel empowered to access resources, make decisions, seek support, and iteratively improve their skills
At the Carlson School, your career development begins the first day of classes. We have designed career development services to support you every step of the way.
Employers & Recruiters
We value our partnerships with employers! We provide a variety of services to employers, including internship program development, job and internship postings, on-campus recruiting, and general information about the university.
Meet your coaching team
Our coaches are ready to meet you.
Rebecca Dordel, She/Her/Hers
Senior Career Coach
Specialty Areas: Marketing, Entrepreneurial Management, International Business
Britney Hayes, She/Her/Hers
Specialty Areas: Accounting, Public & Nonprofit Management
Lisa Novack, She/Her/Hers
Associate Director of Student Services
Specialty Areas: Human Resources & Industrial Relations
Xiaoji Zhang, She/Her/Hers
Senior Career Coach
Specialty Areas: Finance, Finance & Risk Management Insurance, Investments & Capital Markets
Mark Sorenson-Wagner, He/Him/His