Frequently Asked Questions
Participants in Carlson Executive Education's short programs may qualify for discounts on registration costs.
- Group Discount: Groups of four or more participants from the same organization may qualify for a discount of up to 25% of the total registration cost.
- University of Minnesota Alumni: Alumni of the University of Minnesota qualify for a 20% discount on registration costs. This discount is provided in partnership with the University of Minnesota Alumni Association.
- U.S. Military Veterans: Active or former military service members qualify for a discount of 20%.
- Government and Nonprofit: Employees of government or nonprofit organizations qualify for a discount of 10%
- More: Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see what other discounts you may qualify for.
Terms and conditions apply. Discounts may not be combined and apply only to Carlson Executive Education open enrollment courses.
When you send three people from the same team, the fourth may attend at no charge. As the group size increases, the discount will increase as well.
A group of three qualifies as a group. When you send three people from the same team, the fourth may attend at no charge. We also offer larger group rates and can accommodate up to a 20-person group in a program.
If you are on a certificate path, and plan to take at least three programs, you will receive a code for a 10% discount.
We cannot guarantee group rates at the hotels. They are independent of us and set their own rates.
Yes, when you register you may enter all of your information and when it comes to payment, there is a place to request an invoice. Select the option to send an invoice/bill. You may pay at a later time as long as it is before the course begins.
You can find this information on the course page. Find the course here, then scroll down to the Schedule section under Additional Details.
You can find this information on the course page. Find the course here, then click Request Brochure under About This Program.
The course will run again the following year at approximately the same time.
The short courses currently do not qualify for CPE credits; however this is something we are discussing for the future. It may be possible for you to submit paperwork to your association to get credit through them. Please contact your association to confirm, after which we are happy to provide information for the necessary paperwork.
Carlson Executive Education understands that circumstances may arise that cause participants to cancel or transfer to another program. If you must cancel your enrollment in a course, the following policies apply:
- Cancellations must be received in writing. Please email email@example.com.
- You may cancel a program three or more weeks prior to the start of a program without incurring a cancellation fee.
- Carlson Executive Education requires significant advance preparation for program management purposes. If you learn within three weeks of a course start date that you are not able to attend, you may transfer to another course for $250, or be charged the full price of the program.
- Programs, program dates, and faculty are subject to change and/or cancel. In the event a program is canceled by Carlson Executive Education, the registration fee will be fully refunded to participants. Carlson Executive Education is not responsible for reimbursing travel-related or other expenses.
Yes, you can transfer to that day in the same program and attend when it runs the following year.
If an Executive Education program needs to be canceled because of a weather emergency or other instance, the Executive Education team will communicate any changes to the schedule through email alerts.
If you plan to transfer from one program to another, the following policies apply:
- Transfers must be received in writing. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you transfer within three weeks of the course start date, you will be charged a $250 fee.
- Beginning January 1, 2023, no more than two transfers per participant will be allowed. If you are over that limit, we would issue a cancellation instead.
If a request to substitute a registrant is received in writing prior to a program’s start date, Carlson may, in its sole discretion, permit the substitution at no additional charge if the candidate is qualified. If the course they choose costs more than the program you are registered in, then your company will need to pay the difference.
Your capabilities as a leader require constant development, and certifications are proof of that commitment to continuous improvement. Earning a Carlson Executive Education Certificate of Excellence is a signal that you are building business acumen and preparing for the next step in your career.