Executive Education Frequently Asked Questions
Participants in Carlson Executive Education's short programs may qualify for discounts on registration costs.
- Group Discount: Groups of four or more participants from the same organization may qualify for a discount of up to 25% of the total registration cost.
- University of Minnesota Alumni: Alumni of the University of Minnesota qualify for a 40% discount on registration costs. This discount is provided in partnership with the University of Minnesota Alumni Association.
- U.S. Military Veterans: Active or former military service members qualify for a discount of 20%.
- Government and Nonprofit: Employees of government or nonprofit organizations qualify for a discount of 10%
- More: Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see what other discounts you may qualify for.
Terms and conditions apply. Discounts may not be combined and apply only to Carlson Executive Education open enrollment courses.
When you send three people from the same team, the fourth may attend at no charge. As the group size increases, the discount will increase as well.
A group of three qualifies as a group. When you send three people from the same team, the fourth may attend at no charge. We also offer larger group rates and can accommodate up to a 20-person group in a program.
If you are planning to obtain a Certificate of Excellence and attend at least three Carlson Executive Education courses, you will receive a code for a 10% discount.
We cannot guarantee group rates at the hotels. They are independent of us and set their own rates.
Yes, during the registration process, you may request an invoice by selecting the option to send an invoice/bill. Payment is due within 30 days of when the invoice is received.
You can find the schedule information on the course page. Find the course here, then scroll down to the Schedule section. You will also receive a detailed copy of the course schedule two weeks prior to the course start date in your welcome email. This schedule also includes meal times.
You can find this information on the course page. Find the course here, then click on the Request Brochure button under the Program Details section.
The course will typically run around the same time in the following year. Some Carlson Executive Education courses may run multiple times per year. Please visit the course schedule for more information on future Carlson Executive Education course offerings and dates.
You can find this information on the course page. Find the course here, then scroll down to the Audience section. If you have further questions regarding which course(s) best fit your career goals, please contact Carol Roecklein, Director of Business Development, Open Programs, at email@example.com or 612-625-5412.
Continuing Education Units (CEU) are available for participating in Carlson Executive Education courses. CEU is the nationally recognized measure used to quantify the amount of time spent in a qualifying continuing education program. One CEU is credited for every 10 hours of course time. Please visit each course webpage for the specific number of CEUs available for that course. Consult with your licensing body or training department directly to understand whether CEUs earned through Carlson Executive Education may apply to your specific professional certification, licensing requirement, or other required training.
We offer several certificate pathways. You can build your own three, four, or five-course custom certificate program or choose a defined pathway. Certificate pathways in Strategy & Innovation, and Leadership include three courses curated to maximize their impact and retain flexibility. The Carlson Executive Leadership Certificate includes coaching sessions, which amplify impact and results. To learn more, please visit our Certificate webpage.
Carlson Executive Education understands that circumstances may arise that cause participants to cancel or transfer to another program. If you must cancel your enrollment in a course, the following policies apply:
- Cancellations must be received in writing. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may cancel a program three or more weeks prior to the start of a program without incurring a cancellation fee.
- Carlson Executive Education requires significant advance preparation for program management purposes. If you learn within three weeks of a course start date that you are not able to attend, you may transfer to another course for $250, or be charged the full price of the program.
- Programs, program dates, and faculty are subject to change and/or cancel. In the event a program is canceled by Carlson Executive Education, the registration fee will be fully refunded to participants. Carlson Executive Education is not responsible for reimbursing travel-related or other expenses.
Yes, you can transfer to that day in the same program and attend when it runs next.
If an Executive Education program needs to be canceled because of a weather emergency or other instance, the Executive Education team will communicate any changes to the schedule through email alerts.
If you plan to transfer from one program to another, the following policies apply: Transfers must be received in writing. Please contact email@example.com. If you transfer within three weeks of the course start date, you will be charged a $250 fee. No more than two transfers per participant will be allowed. If you are over that limit, we will issue a cancellation instead.
If a request to substitute a registrant is received in writing prior to a program’s start date, Carlson Executive Education may, in its sole discretion, permit the substitution at no additional charge if the candidate is qualified. If the course they choose costs more than the program you are registered in, then your company will need to pay the difference.