Frequently Asked Questions
Participants in Carlson Executive Education's short programs may qualify for discounts on registration costs.
- Group Discount: Groups of four or more participants from the same organization may qualify for a discount of up to 25% of the total registration cost.
- University of Minnesota Alumni: Alumni of the University of Minnesota qualify for a 20% discount on registration costs. This discount is provided in partnership with the University of Minnesota Alumni Association.
- U.S. Military Veterans: Active or former military service members qualify for a discount of 20%.
- Government and Nonprofit: Employees of government or nonprofit organizations qualify for a discount of 10%
- More: Contact us at execed.umn.edu to see what other discounts you may qualify for.
Terms and conditions apply. Discounts may not be combined and apply only to Carlson Executive Education open enrollment courses.
When you send three people from the same team, the fourth may attend at no charge. As the group size increases, the discount will increase as well.
A group of three qualifies as a group. When you send three people from the same team, the fourth may attend at no charge. We also offer larger group rates and can accommodate up to a 20-person group in a program.
If you are on a certificate path, and plan to take at least three programs, you will receive a code for a 10% discount.
We cannot guarantee group rates at the hotels. They are independent of us and set their own rates.
Yes, when you register you may enter all of your information and when it comes to payment, there is a place to request an invoice. Click on the box send an invoice/bill. You may pay at a later time as long as it is before the course begins.
Yes, please email email@example.com to be put in contact with our billing administrator, who will assist you with this request.
You can find this information on the course page. Find the course here, then scroll down to the Schedule section under Additional Details.
You can find this information on the course page. Find the course here, then click Request Brochure under About This Program.
The course will re-run the following year at approximately the same time.
The Audience section of the course page gives details into the right fit for a course. If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The short courses currently do not qualify for CPE credits; however this is something we are discussing for the future.
It may be possible for you to submit paperwork to your association to get credit through them. Please contact your association to confirm, after which we are happy to provide information for the necessary paperwork.
Carlson Executive Education understands that circumstances may arise that cause participants to cancel or transfer to another program. If you must cancel your enrollment in a course, the following policies apply:
- Cancellations must be received in writing. Please email email@example.com.
- You may cancel a program six or more weeks prior to the start of a program without incurring a cancellation fee.
- Carlson Executive Education requires significant advance preparation for program management purposes. If you learn within six weeks of a course start date that you are not able to attend, you may transfer to another course for $250, or be charged the full price of the program.
- Programs, program dates, and faculty are subject to change and/or cancel. In the event a program is cancelled by Carlson Executive Education, the registration fee will be fully refunded to participants. Carlson Executive Education is not responsible for reimbursing travel-related or other expenses.
Yes, you can transfer to that day in the same program and attend when it runs the following year.
If you plan to transfer from one program to another, the following policies apply:
- Transfers must be received in writing. Please contact execed.umn.edu.
- If you transfer within six weeks of the course start date, you will be charged a $250 fee.
- One transfer per registrant is allowed within 12 months from the start date of the original program. After the third transfer, the fee will increase to $500.
Yes, it is possible to send another employee to a program, if the same organization is being billed. If the course they choose costs more than the program you are registered in, then your company will need to pay the difference.
2- to 5-Day Programs
Our short, 2- to 5-day learning experiences are crafted by Carlson School of Management experts and provide opportunities for attendees to engage, focus, and expand their leadership capabilities. For over 50 years, top business leaders have relied on Carlson Executive Education for high-impact insights that drive results.
From general management to the executive level, business leaders can deepen their understanding and fill knowledge gaps with Carlson Executive Education certificates. Choose from our full catalog of short courses to customize your certificate with specialties that fit your goals.