Recognized as the #24 Best College for LGBTQ+ students by "Best Colleges" in 2020, the Carlson School is committed to providing an inclusive and supportive environment for all. Join our vibrant community and thrive academically, professionally, and personally as you embrace your authentic self.
Carlson School Resources & Programming
Our Student Affairs and Admissions teams are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to continuously evolve our inclusion practices so you can thrive in your business school journey. Some practices include:
- Connecting you with resources in the Twin Cities LGBTQ community as well as our own tight-knit one at Carlson
- Supportive and celebratory programming like the LGBTQ Community lunches
- Networking events throughout the year with our LGBTQ alumni community
LGBTQ Student Clubs and Organizations
In addition to those offered by the University, the Carlson School is home to a number of different resources and staff members focused on diversity and inclusion, LGBTQ community building, and events focused on positive, open conversations.
We are Carlson's Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans*, Queer, and Allied (LGBTQ+A) student club. Our club crosses the Full-Time and Part-Time MBA Programs. The mission of Compass is to engage the Carlson LGBTQ+A community to encourage all Carlson students to be their authentic selves as students and professionals. Compass provides volunteer, educational, professional development, and networking opportunities.
Reaching Out MBA (a partnership with the Carlson School) is a year-round operating non-profit organization with over a dozen programs dedicated to educating, inspiring, and connecting the LGBTQ MBA community to impact change in the workplace and create the next generation of our leaders. We offer a fellowship that provides students benefits such as conference attendance, mentorship, and networking with the ROMBA community of professionals.
Carlson School Programming & Events
- LGBTQIA+ Community Lunch Series
- LGBTQIA+ Affinity Networking Night
- Equity & Leadership Conference
- Executive Education program: Inclusive Leadership, Fostering Diversity to Drive Performance
- Executive Education online program: Inclusive Leadership