Through our partnership program, students at select schools in China can pursue a Master of Science in Finance on a shorter timeline and with a reduced cost.
Partner School Program Overview
Although the Master of Science in Finance program typically begins in the summer of each year, students from partner schools will have their summer courses waived and can begin in the fall. This reduction of credits will lower the overall tuition expense and shorten the total length of time in the program.
Students from the Shanghai University of Finance and Economics as well as Chongqing University can enjoy an additional 15% tuition discount, as a result of this partnership.
graduate in 9 months
~$13,500 discount, plus merit scholarships eligible
To be considered for the Carlson School of Management’s MS in Finance program, you must complete an application as well as meet the minimum requirements:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Candidates who meet the 3.0 GPA requirement are not required to submit a GMAT or GRE. A candidate with a GPA below a 3.0 will be considered on a case-by-case basis but will be required to submit a GMAT or GRE.
- Statistics course must be completed
- Calculus and other quantitatively heavy courses are preferred
- Recommendation from your school’s designated advisor
- First Year in your school’s program must be completed prior to application
- One English Language Proficiency test must also be completed. All minimum scores are listed below for each accepted test.
- TOEFL (79 Overall Average; Minimum 21 in Writing; Minimum 19 in Reading)
- IELTS (6.5 Minimum Overall Band Score; No Section Lower than 6.5)
- PTE (59 Minimum)
- Duolingo (115 Minimum; Minimum 115 for Literacy Subscore)