Full-Time MBA Scholarships
Between funding from the Dean of the Carlson School and generous support from the community, merit-based scholarship opportunities are available for Full-Time and Management Science MBA students. Corporate benefactors include 3M, Ameriprise, Deloitte, Donaldson Company, H.B. Fuller, Hubbard Broadcasting, and Mairs & Power. Individual benefactors are often successful alums of the program who feel strongly about giving back to the Carlson School by helping to ease the financial burden of future MBA students.
Scholarships & Support
All Full-Time MBA military candidates receive support from the Carlson School. Scholarship awards for our Full-Time MBA military candidates range from $7,500 to full tuition with a stipend for living expenses. Dollar amounts depend in the caliber of the application and the amount of GI Bill benefit the student is receiving. To provide financial support for students who are committing to full-time graduate study and attending our Full-Time MBA program, scholarships are awarded based on:
- academic and professional merit
- having served in one of the branches of the United States Armed Forces
- having been deemed a military veteran
- Buuck Military Veterans MBA Fellowship
- Deloitte Military Veterans MBA Fellowship
- Donald & Lorraine Freeberg Military Vets Fellowship
- Gatens/Benson Military Veterans Fellowship
- Graco Military Veterans MBA Fellowship
- H. William Walter MBA Fellowship
- John & Nancy Lindahl Military Veterans Fellowship
- MBA Class of 2000 & 2002 Leadership Fellowship
- Michael & Judy Mee Fellowship Military Veterans Merit Fellowship
- Newman's Own Military Veterans Fellowship
- Polaris Military Veterans MBA Fellowship
- Rangen/Erickson CSOM Military Vets MBA Fellowship
- Robert Potts Military Veterans MBA Fellowship
- Torgerson Family Military Veterans MBA Fellowship
- United Healthcare Military Veterans MBA Fellowship
- Victor & Fern Bates Scholarship Wiehoff Family Military Veterans Fellowship
- William and Jane Dudley Military Veterans Fellowship
Veterans attending the University of Minnesota will be assessed resident tuition rates for their degrees. The resident tuition waiver will be automatic for veterans with a DD-214 on file that receives educational benefits. For more information or to receive in-state resident rates, please submit a copy of your DD-214 to University Veterans Services.
The Carlson School offers 16 funds that provide numerous awards to active military and veterans who join the MBA program. One example is the Gatens/Benson Military Veterans Fellowship which was created by a Vietnam veteran and MBA alum in memory of two friends, Martin J. Benson, a Marine pilot who was killed flying medevacs in Vietnam and Daniel M. Gatens, who also served in Vietnam and died at an early age.
Our graduate employment program offers opportunities for graduate students to work in teaching, research, and administration roles. Whether you're interested in sharing your knowledge in the classroom, contributing to cutting-edge research, or supporting university operations, we have positions available. To qualify for a graduate assistantship, you must be enrolled in a graduate or professional degree program.
We prioritize sustainability and long-term success, leading us to create the Finance Leaders of Tomorrow scholarship. It aims to bring diverse voices to the investment business and offers full tuition for the Full-Time MBA and MS Finance programs. Recipients receive mentorship, connections with our network, and career opportunities, fostering growth for future generations.
Paying for grad school: A guide to funding your business degree
Considering an MBA or business master’s degree but worried about the cost? Explore funding options to lighten the load. Discover strategies to finance your education while staying in control of expenses. From personal savings to scholarships, fellowships, and loans, we'll guide you through the process.