Executive MBA: Who we’re looking for
The Executive MBA program is designed for the experienced professional seeking a more significant impact on their organization or to advance their career without taking time off to return to school. While there’s no specific candidate profile we’re seeking, there are prerequisites for admission to this advanced program.
For an overview of typical academic and professional experiences cohort members have, visit the Executive MBA class profile page.
Executive MBA Admissions Prerequisites
You must have or be the following:
- Currently employed
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the U.S. or a comparable degree from an officially recognized college or university outside the U.S.
- A minimum of 6 years, full-time professional work experience
- A minimum of 2 years of people, project, or product management experience is preferred. We are looking to see that you have successfully managed new and diverse challenges while progressing in your chosen profession.
Dedicated Carlson School and University of Minnesota faculty and staff fully support military veterans. They help facilitate entry into and success during and after the Carlson MBA Program. It is our mission to:
- help veterans assimilate back into an academic setting
- provide a strong support network
- translate acquired military skills into the practice of business
Connect with Commander Altman, Director of the MBA Veterans Program at the Carlson School of Management and a retired U.S. Navy veteran, to learn more about the military experience in the Carlson School Executive MBA program.
Schedule 1:1 consultation
Have an admissions question or need some guidance on whether the program is right for you? Sign up for a one-on-one consultation with an admissions team member.