Carlson Global Institute Employment
- Incoming exchange students studying at the Carlson School of Management are eligible for on-campus employment
- Up to 20 hours per week while school is in session
- Up to 40 hours per week during semester breaks
- On-campus employment is defined by any position that is paid by the University of Minnesota.
- Additional authorization (CPT or OPT) is not required for on-campus employment.
- Work study positions are not eligible
- Research Assistant positions are eligible
How to search for on-campus employment:
- UMN Job Search website: https://hr.umn.edu/Jobs/Find-Job
Once you have a job offer:
- Receive a written offer of employment
- Apply for a Social Security Number
- Contact the ISSS office directly with questions (email@example.com)
Incoming exchange students studying at the Carlson School of Management are not eligible for any off-campus employment or internships (paid or unpaid) during the semester dates or outside of the semester dates. Any off-campus work would put students out of compliance with their visa requirements. Incoming exchange students are not eligible for OPT or CPT work authorization because they are coded as “non-degree seeking students” at the University of Minnesota and because they do not receive a full degree from the University of Minnesota. Students are not allowed to have any employment in the United States after the end date of their F1 visa status.