Analytics Project Ideation Workshop
Put the power of data analytics to work for your business with help from Carlson School scholars
Discover analytics innovation opportunities for your business in this workshop led by Carlson School faculty experts. Open to professionals from any industry, the workshop will help you identify business questions that can be addressed using data and analytics. Participants will identify promising ideas through sprint-style brainstorming and leave with one or more clearly defined project proposals.
Workshops are highly interactive and build on Google Venture’s Design Sprint process. Facilitators guide participants through a systematic exploration of the problem space to identify feasible analytics projects, questions, data sources, approaches, and success metrics.
Executives, managers, consultants, business intelligence analysts, data scientists, and professionals from all functional areas are welcome. Workshops are suitable for companies in any industry.
Workshops are led by Carlson School faculty members with deep expertise in analytics techniques and applications. Participants have the opportunity to discuss project ideas with faculty and get unbiased perspectives on how to leverage data for tangible results.
Consultation time with faculty is built into the workshop format to help participants refine and advance project ideas.
- Gain greater insight into the business potential of data analytics
- Brainstorm promising ideas for using data analytics to advance business initiatives
- Leave with one or more clearly defined analytics project proposals, tailored for their business
- Location: Workshops convene at the Carlson School of Management on the University of Minnesota's West Bank campus, minutes from both downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul.
- Investment: Costs start at $5,000 per company team. Other pricing plans are available to meet the needs of your organization, including an option to work directly with a member of our faculty as your dedicated on-site consultant.
- Discounts: For attendees seeking help executing project ideas developed in the workshop, we offer discounts on work completed in the Carlson Analytics Lab.
Comments from Past Participants
"The workshop was great. It was very helpful to have a framework to use and apply. The framework is something that can be implemented at our company to make analytics projects more successful."
"I found the whole workshop experience valuable and learned a lot about information science tactics."
"I also thought the professors were very knowledgeable and were able to clearly articulate the content. I feel like I have a clearer picture of how to communicate with others when working on a data project."
"The workshop was very helpful to guide our thinking on what makes a good project and where a logical place to start is."