Education Abroad Global Identity Course
Global Identity: Connecting Your International Experience with Your Future is an optional, 1-credit, online course that helps you process your international experience and apply what you've learned upon your return. Most of the intercultural learning for this course will occur in your everyday life, with assignments designed to complement your experience abroad.
The Global Identity course is...
- offered to students participating in any education abroad program 6-weeks or longer
- one credit
- approved to fulfill the Global Perspectives Liberal Education Theme Requirement
- $200 total (exempt from normal per-credit cost)
- taught online by UMN faculty or staff
- five journal & reflection assignments before and during your program abroad
The Global Identity course will...
- Translate your abroad experience into marketable, resume-ready skills.
- Promote reflection on how you can integrate your new skill-sets into life back home.
- Expose you to intercultural literature and concepts used in intercultural development.
More information about the Global Identity course can be found on the Learning Abroad Center website. Register for the Global Identity course after you have confirmed your participation in your study abroad program.