National Search for Dean
Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota conducted a national search for dean of the Carlson School of Management this year. A search committee was named by the executive vice president and provost. The University engaged the national search firm Korn Ferry to assist the search committee in the recruitment and screening of candidates. As a result, Jamie Darin Prenkert was appointed the next dean of the Carlson School effective July 3, 2023 and pending the Board of Regents’ approval at its December meeting.
- December 8, 2022: CSOM Dean Search Candidate Selected (EVPP Croson)
- October 18, 2022: CSOM Dean Search Candidate 4 (EVPP Croson)
- October 12, 2022: CSOM Dean Search Candidate 3 (EVPP Croson)
- October 9, 2022: CSOM Dean Search Candidate 2 (EVPP Croson)
- October 2, 2022: CSOM Dean Search Candidate 1 (EVPP Croson)
- September 23, 2022: CSOM Dean Search Finalist Public Forums (EVPP Croson)
- July 7, 2022: CSOM Dean Position Profile (EVPP Croson)
- May 25, 2022: CSOM Dean Search Update (EVPP Croson)
- May 11, 2022: Listening Sessions (Search Committee Chair and Dean of the College of Science and Engineering Andrew Alleyne)
- May 10, 2022: Dean Search Update (EVPP Croson)
- March 8, 2022: Carlson School Leadership Transition (EVPP Rachel Croson)
After gathering broad and insightful feedback during listening sessions, the search committee approved a position profile for the dean position that reflects the Carlson School community's input.
The committee will work with the external consultants, engage in listening sessions with various constituencies, develop a position profile that reflects this broad input, and recommend a small pool of public finalists.
About the Carlson School
Based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, the Carlson School is a leader in business education and research.
About the University of Minnesota
The flagship of the University of Minnesota System, the Twin Cities campus is Minnesota’s only land-grant university and one of the most prestigious public research universities in the nation.
For more information about the search process, please contact Laura Negrini at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Minnesota shall provide equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.