Carlson School Exchange in China: Antai Summer ProgramGraduate Global Immersion
The Antai Summer Program has been cancelled for summer 2023. Summer 2024 to be announced.
- With over one billion people and unique natural resources, China is the worlds largest emerging economy.
- With over 20 million inhabitants, Shanghai is the largest city by population in China and the largest city proper by population in the world. It is a global financial center, and a transport hub with the world's busiest container port. Shanghai is a popular tourist destination renowned for its historical landmarks such as The Bund, City of God Temple, Yu Garden and the extensive Lujiazui skyline.
- As the only business school in Mainland China triple-accredited by AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA, the Antai College of Economics & Management, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, aims to develop the highest-level managerial talent, with fully international viewpoints and capabilities, and the ability to compete in the global economy.
- All Global Summer School participants may apply for on-campus housing for the duration of the program
- Housing costs are included in the Program Fee
- The Carlson Global Institute strongly encourages students to live in the on-campus housing options as those are affiliated with and vetted by the partner institutions.
- Students should check the host university website and fact sheet for specific accommodations information including on-campus and off-campus options, application process and deadline, and cost information.
- The Global Summer School is a 3-week programming integrating intense business education in China.
- In addition to classroom teaching, the summer school program features company field trips, executive speaker sessions, as well as unique cultural and social events.
- Students earn 4 UMN credits
- Credits transfer back as S/N
- Please note that Antai College does not accept students who are Chinese nationals (mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau) as international exchange students
- No host country language skills required
- Currently enrolled in a Carlson School graduate program
- In good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Additional criteria may apply
- The University of Minnesota shall provide equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
- All Carlson students are responsible for obtaining a passport before they participate on a study abroad program
- All students participating on a summer program will be responsible for obtaining a visa or residence permit if required by their host country. The Carlson Global Institute will not process visa applications for students participating on exchange programs and are not visa experts.
To apply for an exchange program you must first apply through the Carlson Global Institute. More application instructions can be found on our Apply page. You will be charged a $50 application fee for each term that you apply for a program. Applications will be reviewed and students will be informed of their status within 6 weeks of the priority deadline. Once accepted into an exchange program, you will also complete an application with the host university.
Cost Estimate (Summary)
These estimates will vary based on student preference and exchange rates. All details subject to change based on economic and international factors. Most financial aid may be applied to study abroad programs. Students should also maintain their U.S.-based health insurance plan while abroad. Visa and passport costs are subject to change. Please verify current documentation costs with the Consulate.
Program fee includes: field trips, cultural visits, program administration, and international medical, security, and evacuation insurance.
|Carlson School Tuition (charged to UMN student account)||Per-credit tuition rate for 4 credits|
|Program Fee (charged to UMN student account)**||$1,500|
|Transportation (to and from program site)||$1,500|
|Documentation (passport, visa, immunization)||$305|
|Books & Materials||$0 (included in Program Fee)|
|Food & Housing||$1,500|
|Essential Daily Living Expenses||$400|
|Total||$5,785 + tuition costs|