Mergers and Acquisitions
Increase your success with planning and executing an M & A deal. Learn analytical tools and frameworks to help better determine when and how an M&A transaction will maximize shareholder value.
About This Program
Today’s dynamic and hyper-competitive business environment is fueling increased merger and acquisition activity across the business spectrum. Organizations large and small, publicly- and privately-held, multinational and regional are all recognizing the opportunity and potential value-add from M&A deals. Consequently, leaders at all types of organizations must be able to strategically evaluate and assess these opportunities. Through case studies, simulations, and discussions with experienced deal makers, leading Carlson School business faculty, expert guest speakers, and peers, you will learn best practices across all elements of the M&A process, including strategy, fit, valuation, negotiation, deals, diligence, culture, and integration.
To learn more about this program, download the brochure or reach out to Carol Roecklein at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (612) 625-5412.
Schedule subject to change.
Mid- and senior leaders new to evaluating and executing M&A and other strategic alliance decisions for their firms are good fits for this program. Past participants have included:
- Business development leaders
- CEOs, CFOs, COOs, and executive directors of finance
- Senior business analysts
- Leaders of business units or divisions
- Investment bankers
- Transactional and private equity lawyers
- Private equity investors
- General counsels
- Private business owners
In this hands-on, interactive course, leaders will learn to:
- Explore the critical steps and practical tools to effectively work through the M&A process, from strategy, valuation, and deal execution to culture considerations and post-merger integration
- Consider the M&A process from both a buyer and seller's perspective
- Examine current M&A trends, accounting and legal updates, and valuation techniques
- Use strategy to drive the M&A focus and identify acquisition targets
- Maximize the value of M&A activity through strategic imperative and alignment
- Leverage a reliable, flexible framework for analyzing, valuing, and executing M&A
- Realize the success of M&A integration relies heavily on both strategic fit as well as organization and culture considerations