Five days of in-depth work to polish your approach to critical business operations, enhance your understanding of data-driven decision-making, and refine your communication and leadership strategies.
About This Program
This course provides an introduction to the critical business disciplines housed within an MBA. Participants will learn key concepts and terminology from Strategy, HR, Leadership, Analytics, Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, and International Management. The course is structured to broaden your perspective on your organization and to elevate your ability to influence and make more informed business decisions.
You will learn to build and lead teams, get a better grasp on finance and accounting, as well as develop business strategies. You’ll be engaged in discussions that tackle the practical issues and challenges associated with each functional business area and apply them to issues of strategy and competitiveness. Upon completion of this non-credit course, you’ll receive an MBA Essentials Certificate.
This program is valid for 36 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Attendees who apply for and are accepted into a Carlson MBA program within one year of completing the MBA Essentials course will be eligible to apply up to 50% of the MBA Essentials course fee toward their MBA tuition.
- Directors and managers who seek to refine their business acumen
- Professionals in transition who wish to enhance their skills
- Technically-trained leaders who seek to enhance their business knowledge
- Potential MBA students
- Become more effective in day-to-day operations
- Make better informed decisions
- Broaden your understanding of business beyond your specific area of expertise
- Learn language and best-practices for business areas including marketing, operations, supply chain, finance, and leadership
- Communicate more effectively with colleagues and senior management
Hear from Past Participants
In this five day course you’ll be engaged in discussions that tackle the practical issues and challenges associated with each functional business area and apply them to issues of firm strategy and competitiveness. There are no graded assignments or exams, but readings, case studies, and simulations, to make this an immersive, learning experience.