Emerging Leaders Bootcamp
This course equips emerging leaders for the challenge of leadership. Topics include managing teams, persuasive communication, negotiation, strategy, and relationship building.
About This Program
In the face of rapid business changes, the next generation is stepping up. This course equips emerging leaders for the challenge. Course participants will acquire specific approaches to managing cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams. They’ll practice persuasive communication, negotiation, and using data to make a case. Through experiential learning, individual reflection, and small group discussions participants will increase their ability to execute complicated strategies and develop strategic relationships. The course finishes with a road map exercise to help participants accelerate career development.
Coursework begins with a foundational discussion on managing an ethical business environment. Participants will learn how the ability to understand and manage an ethical environment can become a source of competitive advantage for firms and for emerging leaders. Class discussion will then pivot to strategy execution. Without execution, the benefits of the great idea or big bang concept are not realized. This session will provide the practical insights and tools leaders need to effectively lead execution no matter how big or small the strategic initiative.
A leader's success depends on his or her ability to work effectively in teams and across team boundaries. The inability to lead teams is one of four factors causing managers to “derail” off the track to higher level positions. Course participants will discuss strategies to help them successfully manage in cross-functional, cross-enterprise, geographically distributed and cross-border contexts. They will also deep-dive into strategies on how to increase personal influence and develop successful relationships with others who are critical to their success in a leadership role.
This program is valid for 18 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
- Professionals in the leadership pipeline
- Emerging leaders with two or more years of experience managing people, projects, or initiatives
- Experienced leaders seeking to update essential skills
- Understand how to manage cross-functional and cross-enterprise teams
- Increase personal influence and capacity to build strategic relationships
- Learn how to drive strategy execution via effective team management, project management, and governance
- Create an individualized career roadmap and identify experience needed for success
- Sharpen awareness of business ethics and the ability to lead ethically