To apply for the Part-Time MBA program candidates must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the U.S. or a comparable degree from an officially recognized college or university outside of the U.S.
The Part-Time MBA program begins either in the fall (September) or spring (January) semester. Applications are considered based on round deadlines and decisions are sent out within a couple weeks of completing your application.
Deadlines that occur on a holiday or weekend will be extended through the next business day. We welcome questions about the admissions process and timeline. Please contact the admissions team at 612-625-5555 if you would like to discuss your application.
Application review for Fall
- Round 1: May 15 with a decision by June 1
- Round 2: June 15 with a decision by July 15
- Round 3: July 15 with a decision by August 1
Application review for Spring
- Round 1 deadline: October 15 with a decision by November 1
- Round 2 deadline: November 15 with a decision by December 15
- Round 3 deadline: December 15 with a decision by January 15
Unofficial transcripts can be submitted through the online application. You will need to submit a transcript from each college or university where you have completed coursework before your application will be considered complete and reviewed by the admissions committee. Official transcripts will be required if you are admitted to the program.
A GMAT or GRE General Test that is not more than five years old is required for admission to the Part-Time MBA Program. For GMAT, arrange for the testing service to send an official score report to the Part-Time MBA Program, code D2N-VJ-83. Results normally arrive 2-3 weeks after the test. For GRE, arrange for the testing service to send an official score report to us using institution code 8387. Results may take up to 3-4 weeks to arrive.
Please note we don't have a minimum GMAT or GRE required score, but do have average scores.
The personal statement questions are the following:
- Briefly describe your short-term and long-term career goals. Why are you choosing to pursue an MBA at this time in your career, and what are you hoping to accomplish by doing so?
- Why are you interested in pursuing an MBA at the Carlson School of Management?
- What do you feel makes you a strong candidate for the program? How will you contribute to the MBA Program overall?
The application fee is $75 (non-refundable) for U.S. citizens, international applications, and U.S. residents with foreign credentials. Your application fee will be waived if you have been on active duty in the U.S. military within three years of submitting your MBA application.
Submit a current resume that includes job responsibilities and accomplishments.