To apply for the Full-Time MBA program candidates must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the U.S. or a comparable degree from an officially recognized college or university outside of the U.S.
The Full-Time MBA program begins in the fall each year. Application deadlines are listed below but we continue to accept applications after the final deadline on a space available basis. Please contact the admissions team (612-625-5555 or email@example.com) if you would like to discuss your application.
Unofficial transcripts can be submitted through the online application. You will need to submit a transcript from each college or university where you have completed coursework before your application will be considered complete and reviewed by the admissions committee. Official transcripts will be required if you are admitted to the program.
The GMAT or GRE General Test is required for admission to the Full-Time MBA program and should be less than five years old.
For GMAT, arrange for the testing service to send an official score report to code D2N-VJ-15, Carlson MBA. Results arrive 2-3 weeks after the test. For GRE, arrange for the testing service to send an official score report using institution code 8387. Results take 3-4 weeks to arrive.
Please note we don't have a minimum GMAT or GRE required score, but do have average scores in our Full-Time MBA Class Profile.
We require a personal statement answering the following three questions:
- Briefly describe your short-term and long-term career goals. Why are you choosing to pursue an MBA at this time in your career, and what are you hoping to accomplish by doing so?
- Why are you interested in pursuing an MBA at the Carlson School of Management?
- What do you feel makes you a strong candidate for the program? How will you contribute to the MBA Program overall?
The application fee is $75 (non-refundable) for U.S. citizens, international applications, and U.S. residents with foreign credentials. Your application fee will be waived if you have been on active duty in the U.S. military within three years of submitting your MBA application.
Submit a current resume (CV) that includes job responsibilities and accomplishments.
- The video essay is a required component of the application that provides candidates with an opportunity to show the admissions committee the authentic you. Think of this video essay as if you were answering an interview question with a member of our admissions committee.
- You will need to use a computer with camera and microphone capabilities. You will have the ability to test your technology before starting the video essay and submit a practice video essay.
- You can test your technology and run the practice simulation as many times as you wish to be comfortable with the format and technology. You will be able to review your practice video essay(s) and your recording(s) will not be saved beyond the testing phase and will never be reviewed.
- You can also practice responding to impromptu questions offline with a friend or colleague before completing the video essay portion of your application.
- You will be prompted to click "Ready" once you are prepared to submit an official video essay. You will be asked one impromptu question from a bank of imaginative or behavioral questions selected by our admissions team.
- Two minutes (120 seconds) wil be provided to prepare an answer and two minutes (120 seconds) to record an answer. Recording will automatically stop after two minutes. You are not required to use the full two minutes. If you have time remaining once complete with your response, click the "Stop Recording" button to end the recording.
- You will only be provided one attempt to record your official video essay.
Interviews for the Full-Time MBA program are by invitation only. Candidates will be contacted after the initial review of their application. If you are unable to attend your interview in person, arrangements can be made for a Skype interview.
Deadlines that occur on a holiday or weekend will be extended through the next business day.
Deadlines for U.S. and International Applicants
- Apply by November 1 to receive a response by December 15
- Apply by December 1 to receive a response by February 15
- Apply by February 1 to receive a response by April 15
U.S. Applicants Only
- Apply by April 1 to receive a response by May 15