PhD: University of Minnesota, 2011
MBA (Marketing & HR): KSOM, India, 2000
BS (Chemistry): Utkal University, India, 1998
Dr. Sanghamitra Chaudhuri is a senior lecturer at Carlson School of Management. She is also an Assistant Professor of Human Resource Management at the College of Management in Metropolitan State University. She has previously served as a lecturer and senior lecturer at University of Minnesota and at The Ohio State University. She has also served as Visiting Professor at Drexel University, Philadelphia. Besides bringing 10+ years of teaching experience in academia, she also brings senior leadership experience having worked as the director for curriculum and instruction at the State of Minnesota. Before working on her Doctorate from University of Minnesota, she held several positions in India related to marketing, sales, instructional design, organization development, training and development with leading pharmaceutical and consulting firms.
2019: Nominee, Outstanding Achievement Academic Professional Award, University of Minnesota
2018: International Travel Grant Award by University of Minnesota
2012: Recipient of Elwood F. Holton, III Research Excellence Best Paper Award by Academy of Human Resource Development
- Sept. 2019 : Change board
- April, 2019 – SHRM
- Dec., 2018 – Market Watch Dow Jones
- Oct., 2018 – Moneyish
- Aug., 2018 – Forbes
- Feb., 2017 – HR Magazine
- July, 2016 – Star Tribune
- July, 2016 – Consumerist
- Feb., 2012 - Canadian Broadcasting Center
- Nov., 2011 – Wall Street Journal
- Chaudhuri, S., Ghosh, R., & Abichnadani, Y. (2020). Exploring the risky terrain of entrepreneurship with the help of mentors: Narratives from Indian women entrepreneurs. Advances in Developing Human Resources. https://doi.org/10.1177/1523422320907044
- Johnson, K. R., Park, S., & Chaudhuri, S. (2020). Mindfulness training in the workplace: exploring its scope and outcomes. European Journal of Training & Development. https://doi.org/10.1108/EJTD-09-2019-0156
- Kim, S., Park, S., Lavelle, J., Kim, M., & Chaudhuri, S. (2019). Revisiting trainee reactions: A multilevel analysis of the nomological network. Human Resource Development Quarterly. https://doi-org.mtrproxy.mnpals.net/10.1002/hrdq.21383.
- Chaudhuri S. (2019). Reverse mentoring: Hallmarks for implementing an intergeneration intervention. New Horizons in Adult Education and Human Resource Development.
- Muduli, A, Abichandani, Y., Bhaduri, R.M, & Chaudhuri, S. (2019). Changing perceptions of HRD in India. Human Resource Development International. DOI: 10.1080/13678868.2019.1664179
- Park, S., Johnson, K., & Chaudhuri, S. (2019). Promoting work engagement in the hotel sector: A review of the literature. Management Research Review. https://doi.org/10.1108/MRR-03-2018-0126.
- Chaudhuri, S., Park, S., Kim, S. (2019). From generation to culture: The changing landscape of women leadership in India and Korea? Human Resource Development Review, 18(1), 16-46. https://doi.org/10.1177/1534484318809753
- Chaudhuri, S. (2019). Book Review: The Millennial Mindset: Unraveling Fact from Fiction. Human Resource Development International, 22(2), 210-212. doi: 10.1080/13678868.2018.1487154
- Chaudhuri, S., Hirudayaraj, M., & Ardichvili, A. (2018). Borrow or grow: An overview of talent development/ management practices in Indian organizations. Advances in Developing Human Resources, 20(4), 460-478. https://doi.org/10.1177/1523422318803345
- Park, S., Chaudhuri, S., Hewapathirana, G., Johnson, K., & Bowen, M. (2016). An analysis of the awarded journal articles from Academy of Human Resource Development. Human Resource Development Quarterly, 27(4), 547-555.
- Munn, S, & Chaudhuri, S. (2016). Work-life balance in India and the U.S.: A cross-cultural structured literature review of dual earner couples. Advances in Human Resource Development, 18(1), 54-68. (Equal Authorship)
- Chaudhuri, S., & Bartlett, K. R. (2014). The relationship between training outsourcing and employee commitment to the organization. Human Resource Development International, 17(2), 145-163. doi: 10.1080/13678868.2014.886444
- Chaudhuri, S., & Alagaraja, M. (2014). An expatriate's perspective on leadership and leading (a global organization) in India: interview with Matt Barney. Human Resource Development International, 17(3), 358-365.
- Chaudhuri, S., & Ghosh, R. (2012). Reverse mentoring: A social exchange tool for keeping the millennials committed and the aging workforce engaged. Human Resource Development Review, 11(1), 55-76. (Equal Authorship)
- Recipient of the Best Paper Award for Research Excellence by Academy of Human Resource Development
- Gosh, R., & Chaudhuri, S. (2009). Inter-generational differences in individual/collectivism orientations: Implications for outlook towards HRD/HRM practices in India and the United States. New Horizons in Adult Education and Human Resource Development, 23(4), 5-21.