Deluxe E-ternship Program
Semester Part-time Paid Internships with Leading Entrepreneurial Companies
The Deluxe E-ternship Program provides undergraduate students with the opportunity to become members of high-potential entrepreneurial teams. At the same time, the program provides early stage-companies with student resources for cross-functional projects. Projects can range from market research to evaluation of new products/services/markets to business planning to support for the launch of a new venture.
- Apply the student's entrepreneurship coursework in a real-world environment
- Test the student's interest and capability in an early-stage venture
- Gain first-hand exposure to an entrepreneur as they build their business
- Prepare the student to make an informed career decision
The internship is jointly funded by the participating entrepreneurial company and the Gary S. Holmes Center for Entrepreneurship. We require 165 hours of work by the student (10-15 hours/week). The company pays $6/hour (up to a maximum of $1,000) and the Holmes Center matches an additional $6/hour.
Contact Michaela Dean at email@example.com
Student Selection Criteria & Eligibility
Selection will be based upon demonstrated passion for entrepreneurship, leadership skills, and academic record. Students participating in the entrepreneurial programs and curriculum will receive preference. Students do not need to be an entrepreneurship major to apply. Students should have junior/senior standing and available for 10-15 hours per week to dedicate to internship.
Company Selection Criteria
We are seeking local entrepreneurial firms with great leaders willing to invest time with our students. Projects should be cross-functional in nature and provide the student with a perspective across the business. Preferred projects include researching new markets, conducting market research, evaluating new products/services, supporting general business planning efforts or otherwise supporting the launch of a new venture. The objective is to add value to the company while providing a positive learning environment for the student.
- Applications for Spring 2018 due: 5 PM, Thursday, November 16th
- Student selection: Wednesday, November 21st.
- Mandatory first step meeting: Wednesday, November 29th from 12 - 1:30 PM
Application and Attachment Checklist
- A typewritten, 1–2 page cover letter explaining (1) how you will benefit from this opportunity, (2) what type of project you are most interested in, (3) what type of business or industry you are most interested in, and (4) your qualifications to be a successful candidate.
- Copy of unoffical University transcripts