Deluxe E-ternship Program - Students
Semester Part-time Paid Internships with Leading Entrepreneurial Companies
The Deluxe E-ternship Program provides undergraduate students with the opportunity to become members of high-potential entrepreneurial teams. At the same time, the program provides early stage-companies with student resources for cross-functional projects. Projects can range from market research to evaluation of new products/services/markets to business planning to support for the launch of a new venture.
- Test student's interest and capability in an early-stage innovative venture
- Gain first-hand exposure to an entrepreneur as they build their business
- Apply student's entrepreneurship coursework in a real-world environment
Students must be a current student at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus. Enrolled in minimum of 6 credits* during the semester they will be participating in the program and not studying abroad. (*If you are a senior this minimum may be waived contact program coordinator.)
The Deluxe E-ternship Program is offered only during the Fall and Spring semesters (September – May).
Students are selected based upon demonstrated passion for entrepreneurship, leadership skills, and academic record. Students participating in the entrepreneurial programs and curriculum will receive preference.
Apply via Handshake: Deluxe E-ternship Program - Upcoming Fall Semester attach:
- Cover letter
- In your cover letter answer – 1. How you will benefit from this opportunity, 2. What type of project(s) you are most interested in, 3. What type of business or industry you are most interested in, and 4. Your qualifications to be a successful candidate.
- Copy of unofficial University of MN transcript
- How to download unofficial transcripts visit your MyU account. Click on the “Academics” tab. Then click on the “Grades” tab. At the bottom of the page click on the “Unofficial Transcripts” link. Complete requested information and click “View Report”. Save PDF and attach to Handshake application.
- Next Steps Meeting
The next steps meeting is a mandatory one hours meeting for students accepted into the Deluxe E-ternship Program. This meeting discusses the overall program, pairing with a company, hiring information, and network with companies that submitted internship opportunities.
We do not hold formal interviews and students do not apply directly to companies for the internship. The networking portion of the next steps meeting provides an opportunity for students and companies to meet face to face and learn more about internship. Prior to this meeting a list of all internship opportunities for the semester will be emailed. Similar to a job fair review the list and come with questions!
- Company Preferences
Key ingredient in being successful is being passionate about what you are working on. Students are asked to complete a Top 5 Company Preference form to identify the companies they are most excited to work with for the semester. This form is then included when deciding the pairing between students and companies.
- Hiring Information
Students are hired by the University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management and paired with external companies for the semester. This allows for the Deluxe E-ternship Program to be available for international and non-international Twin Cities undergraduate students. The program coordinator with email accepted students an offer letter and all hours will be submitted through your MyU account.
The internship is jointly funded by the participating entrepreneurial company and the Gary S. Holmes Center for Entrepreneurship. The commitment is 10-15 hours/week and compensation is $15.00/hour.
- Paired with a Startup
Students and companies will be notified by the program coordinator of the pairing with semester specific information. Pairs are selected based on the needs for internship(s) identified by companies in the submission form, student's experience/skill sets, and student’s top 5 identified preferred internships.
- Applications open:
- Applications close:
- Students are selected and notified:
- Next steps meeting (in-person) for companies/accepted students:
- Top 5 Company Preferences form due:
- Offer letter returned:
- Pairings finalized and students/companies notified:
- Paired students/companies are committing to 10-15 hours/week during the semester
Holmes Center for Entrepreneurship at firstname.lastname@example.org