Incoming Exchange Students
The Carlson School is positioned in the heart of the thriving Minneapolis-St. Paul metro, a business community that includes 17 Fortune 500 company headquarters, and offers endless career opportunities, exceptional quality of life, and a vibrant social scene.
- Home to 17 Fortune 500 companies, top 10 best technology economies, many private firms, and successful small- and medium-sized businesses
- A vibrant arts and culture scene with world-class museums, theaters, performing venues, and major league sports teams in baseball, basketball, American football, and ice hockey
- A public transportation system - including buses and trains - which connects the airport, tourist attractions, downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul and the U of M campus
- #1 in quality of life, healthiest state, and safest city
Why the Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota?
- Carlson School Fact Sheet 2021-22
- An urban campus in a major metropolitan area
- U.S. style college campus with students clubs and Big 10 athletics
- Carlson School faculty rated in the top five for research productivity in marketing among U.S. public research universities
- GLOBE buddy program
- Small classes and access to top-notch faculty
- Small exchange program within a large university
- Week-long "Welcome Program" before the semester to welcome incoming exchange students
Program Ranked 12th by Poets & Quants
The undergraduate program scored highly on quality and accessibility of faculty and its approach to global immersion that prepares graduates for the working world.
Are You Eligible to Come Here?
To study at the Carlson School as an incoming exchange student you must attend one of the Carlson School's partner universities around the world. See the list to see if your school is one of Carlson's partner universities.
How to Get Started
- Check to see if your home university is a partner with Carlson
- Apply to be nominated as an exchange student at your home university
- Complete an application to the Carlson School
- Academic dates