Business Analytics for Leaders
Business Analytics for Leaders is a 3-day course that trains executives and senior business leaders on the capabilities of data analytics and how to implement analytics to achieve business goals. Participants will learn the concepts of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics, leadership best-practices, as well as how to apply insights in their businesses.
About This Program
Business analytics, including machine learning and artificial intelligence, has game-changing potential in every industry. However, significant barriers exist for leaders wishing to harness these emerging forces into their management practice. Companies that successfully develop advanced capabilities to leverage their data can make quicker, faster, and more informed decisions across all areas of their firms, creating a significant competitive advantage. This course will transform leaders into analytics champions within their organizations and help fuel data-driven cultures.
The Live Online Experience
Through the Carlson Executive Education live online experience, you’ll immerse yourself in cutting-edge business coursework and connect with peers and Carlson faculty from the convenience of wherever you are. Live online courses are designed to be interactive and are in real-time. Your cohort will work through group discussions, including direct faculty interaction. You’ll finish the course with valuable insights to apply at work, as well as a new network of peers. Learn more about live online courses and find answers to frequently asked questions.
- Leaders across all functional areas including marketing, finance, information systems, operations and HR with P&L
- Managers with significant project/functional responsibility
- No prior technical analytics expertise is needed
- Learn how to build organizational capabilities to leverage machine learning and artificial intelligence for competitive advantage.
- Explore the Carlson School’s Four Pillars of Analytics approach that integrates causal, exploratory, predictive and prescriptive analytics
- Understand the transformative power of today’s analytics, including the broad scope of business questions that can now be answered
- Learn how to unlock hidden insights with data - using descriptive, predictive and prescriptive approaches - to support faster, more effective decision-making
- Gain foundational insight into new machine learning methods to predict future outcomes, e.g., customer churn, optimal product mix
- Directly apply learnings to a real-world application during daily use case discussions
- Increase communication skills and ability to partner with Analytics and IT teams
- Learn best practices, including structured problem solving, in deploying analytics projects
Additional Course Details
Exploratory Analytics: Data Visualization (Level 1)
Managing Successful Analytics Projects
Exploratory Analytics Using Machine Learning (Level 2)
Deploying Analytics Workshop
Advanced Issues in Exploratory and Predictive Analytics
Organizational Design Issues and Talent Strategies
Applying Business Analytics Workshop