About the Program
Disruptive innovation has upended traditional profitability models of industry after industry. Executives, focused on fine-tuning their current business models, often haven’t seen the threats before their business landscapes are suddenly and permanently changed. Data and the increased development of technology have accelerated the rate of these massive changes. No industry is immune from competitors looking to grab market share through disruptive innovation.
Experience & Results
This course will prepare leaders to harness the power of disruptive innovation before their competitors do. Participants will gain a deeper understanding of what disruptive innovation is and will learn how to spot potential threats and opportunities in their own business.
The coursework will focus on planning for disruption, using concrete steps to identify potential disruptions in the industry, and building the right culture to implement change. Participants will be trained to view their business through a "jobs to be done" framework and use customer-centric problem-solving to discover new ideas and justify business changes.
- Mid-level to senior leadership
- Leaders of product development
- Leaders of technology or business model disruption
- Understand the forces of disruption that could impact their business and see how to spot them early
- Uncover a new approach for customer centricity to spot and shape new opportunities by applying the jobs to be done framework
- Learn, through practical examples, how to leverage new business models and potential application for their companies
- Get hands-on experience using the disruptive innovation toolkit
Customer Centricity -the "Jobs to Be Done" Framework
Developing Disruptive Solutions (Amazon)
Developing New Business Models
Test and Learn - How to Iterate in the Market
Building the Right Culture - Implementing Change
Hari Nair is Vice President, Corporate R&D, Fabric & Home Care Learning Lab at Procter & Gamble. He is also a Visiting Scholar at the Harvard School of Public Health.