Creating and Executing Strategy
Learn how to develop a sound strategy and foster its implementation throughout your organization. Understand why people sometimes resist change and how to approach challenges.
About This Program
To truly make an impact in an organization, a leader must be able to develop and execute strategy. However, in today’s dynamic marketplace, this is not an easy task. While interacting with highly complex organizations, competitive-global markets, and demanding stakeholders, leaders are under pressure to execute strategic initiatives.
Creating and Executing Strategy explores what it takes to think and act strategically. Class begins by placing strategy development within the framework of disruption and analyzing your strategic position in the marketplace. Participants will learn how to recognize their strategic capabilities and available moves. A deep-dive into strategy analytics will help participants explore strategic management tools for a wide range of business problems.
To complete their understanding, course participants will learn the steps to take to create a smart strategy and how to link this strategy to their goals. In addition, they'll learn approaches to help strategy implementation go more smoothly, including leading change, developing a supportive organizational culture, and responding to change resistance.
This program is valid for 18 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
- Mid-level to senior leaders
- Managers responsible for strategy implementation
- Learn how to develop a sound strategy linked to business goals
- Explore the sources of digital disruption in today’s contemporary business environment
- Discover how to make better corporate strategy decisions regarding vertical integration, horizontal integration, and geographic expansion
- Identify the link between culture and strategy
- Explore tools and frameworks for keeping an execution effort on track
Additional Course Details
Strategic Issues of Disruption/Surveying Capability and Strategic Moves
Effective Strategy Execution-Leading the Execution Effort
Effective Strategy Execution - Tracking the Implementation Effort & Managing Setbacks