The Carlson Funds Enterprise is proud to be a CFA University Affiliate, and has been for a number of years.
Working closely with CFA allows the CFE to help grant students access and exposure to a professional program that will help their transition to the professional world. Students are invited to attend seminars and events, introduced to some materials covered by CFA exams, and are eligible for scholarships to help subsidize the cost of sitting a CFA exam should they want to pursue accreditation.
The CFE organizes a team of interested students to compete in the CFA Research challenge. From the CFA Institute website: “The CFA Institute Research Challenge is an annual global competition that provides university students with hands-on mentoring and intensive training in financial analysis. Students work in teams to research and analyze a publicly traded company — sometimes even meeting face-to-face with company management. Each team writes a research report on their assigned company with a buy, sell, or hold recommendation and may be asked to present and defend their analysis to a panel of industry professionals.”
To learn more, please visit the CFA Institute website.
If you would like to participate in the CFA Research Challenge with the Carlson School team, please contact us.
Through our relationship as a University Affiliate program with the CFA Institute, we are able to grant a small number of scholarships annually to eligible students interested in taking the CFA charter exam. The CFA additionally offers scholarships to women keenly interested in earning the CFA charter.
The award, if given, includes access to the curriculum eBook and reduces the exam registration fee to $350. To see the CFA Institute’s requirements to register for the CFA Exam, click here.
To request a scholarship:
- Compose a short statement with the following information:
- Degree and year
- Level of Exam you would like to take
- One reference (if you are a Funds Enterprise student, please list Susanna)
- Follow this link. If you have not already, you will need to make an account. Fill out the application, making sure to attach the above statement.
- If your application is approved, you will be guaranteed a scholarship.
- After applying:
- Do not pay for the exam - You will hear from the CFA Institute regarding how to access your discounted rate. For students that applied but were not selected they will receive the exam registration price that they would have been eligible for at the time they submitted their application.
- Feel free to purchase the study book directly from the CFA Institute - the cost of the ebook will be deducted from your final application fee if you are granted a scholarship. Be sure to use the same email to purchase the book that you used to apply for the scholarship.