Carlson School: Summer in Italy - CIMBAUndergraduate Global Immersion
Applications open: December 1, 2022
Application deadline: February 1, 2023
Student arrival on campus: May 15, 2023
Student check out: June 9, 2023
Applications open: December 1, 2023
Application deadline: February 1, 2024
Student arrival on campus: May 20, 2024
Student check out: June 14, 2024
- At CIMBA, students immerse themselves in a wide range of rigorous courses while living amidst the Venetian countryside in one of the most popular travel and study destinations in the world.
- The CIMBA campus is located in Paderno del Grappa at the base of the Italian Alps in northern Italy - an hour north of Venice.
- Paderno del Grappa is also in the heart of Italy's Veneto Region, which includes natural beauty and picturesque old-town centers, as well a powerful business community, with more than 450,000 companies housed in the region.
- Students live in on-campus dormitory style housing in either single or double rooms
- Housing and a meal plan for week days are included in the CIMBA Program Fee
- The Carlson Global Institute strongly encourages students to live in the on-campus housing options as those are affiliated with and vetted by the partner institutions.
- Students should check the host university website and fact sheet for specific accommodations information including on-campus and off-campus options, application process and deadline, and cost information.
- Students enroll in two courses during the CIMBA summer program
- Business and non-business courses are offered
- Students earn 3 credits for each class for a total of 6 UMN credits for the summer
- Courses on this program transfer back as transfer credit on the official UMN transcript. Transfer credit does not affect overall GPA.
- Preferred minimum GPA of 3.0
- Students are held to business course prerequisites of the host institution
- The University of Minnesota shall provide equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
- All Carlson students are responsible for obtaining a passport before they participate on a study abroad program
- All students participating on an exchange program will be responsible for obtaining a visa or residence permit if required by their host country. The Carlson Global Institute will not process visa applications for students participating on exchange programs and are not visa experts.
To apply for an exchange program you must first apply through the Carlson Global Institute. More application instructions can be found on our Apply page. You will be charged a $50 application fee for each term that you apply for a program. Applications will be reviewed and students will be informed of their status within 6 weeks of the priority deadline. Once accepted into an exchange program, you will also complete an application with the host university.
Cost Estimate (Summary)
These estimates will vary based on student preference and exchange rates. All details subject to change based on economic and international factors. Most financial aid may be applied to study abroad programs. Students should also maintain their U.S.-based health insurance plan while abroad.
CIMBA Program Fee includes: Tuition, housing, food, textbook rental, WIFI on campus, laundry, linens & towels, housecleaning, bus transportation to and from campus for program start and end, gourmet Italian meals, cultural exploration activities, certificates and programs in leadership and personal development, company tours. See more details on the CIMBA website.
Carlson Program Fee includes: Maintaining resident student status, program administration costs, international health insurance
|CIMBA Program Fee (paid to University of Iowa Student Account)||$6,998|
|CGI Program Fee (charged to UMN student account)||$750|
|Transportation (to and from program site)||$1,000|
|Essential Daily Living Expenses||$250|