Graduate students from other University of Minnesota programs may use this petition process to request enrollment in Carlson MBA courses on a space-available basis.
The Carlson School of Management MBA Program allows non-MBA graduate students to petition to take a maximum of three MBA courses. Requests to be enrolled in additional courses will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
To register, please complete and submit the Non-MBA Graduate Student Petition Form. Registration requests are only accepted via the online petition form. Students will be notified via University of Minnesota email of the status of their petition within 3-5 business days of submission.
|Summer 2018||June 7, 2018|
|Fall 2018 (A-term and full-semester courses)||August 30, 2018|
|Fall 2018 (B-term courses)||October 18, 2018|
Registration for non-MBA graduate students who submit the online petition form and are approved to take Carlson MBA courses will begin according to the timelines outlined below.
- April 5, 2018 - Registration for MBA core and elective courses begins
- May 16, 2018 - Registration for elective courses begins (ex. MGMT 6004 or ENTR 6020)
- August 29, 2018 - Registration for MBA core courses begins (ex. MBA 6030 or MBA 6120)
Important Petition Information
- Students will be notified via University of Minnesota email of the status of their petition within 3-5 business days of submission.
- All approvals are issued through the MBA Student Affairs team; do not seek a permission number from faculty members.
- There is no guarantee you will get into any classes.
- Undergraduate and non-degree seeking students are not permitted to take MBA courses.
- Not all day/Full-Time MBA courses are open to non-MBA students.
- All classes must be taken for a letter grade (A/F); courses cannot be taken for pass/fail (S/N) or audit credits.
- If the course you are requesting has a prerequisite you have not met, we may refer you to the instructor for permission to enroll.
- If the class you are petitioning is closed (full) you are not able to enroll in the course. Waitlists are not available for non-MBA students.
- MBASA, MS Finance, MS Supply Chain, HRIR, MBT, MAcc, Dental Hygiene, and MHA students should petition through their respective department for admission into an MBA course. Students in these graduate programs should not use the petition form.
The MBA Student Affairs Team reserves the right to update this information as necessary.