Talking To Your Employer
Crafting a case for support from your organization for the Carlson Part-Time MBA calls for a detailed and thoughtful plan. How do you go about requesting and securing educational support from your employer?
- Read your company’s policies on tuition reimbursement or similar programs.
- Determine your supporters and find significant examples of success for MBA education.
- Speak to with colleagues that have completed MBA within the organization.
- Be conscious of your organization’s budgetary timeframes.
- Plan ahead to for program application deadlines.
Put together your talking points
- Structure your case in terms of your organization’s interests rather than your own.
- Look at your organization’s challenges and describe skills like strategic thinking, a broader perspective, improved communication, fresh management and leadership techniques will enhance through the Carlson’s Part-Time MBA Program.
- Be specific intangible career development milestones that the MBA will propel you toward.
Do not forget to do the small things
- Connect with your workplace mentor and your target decision makers to create support for your future intentions of beginning the Carlson Part-Time MBA Program.
- Once you receive approval, follow-up with all parties by thanking them for their support or involvement and continue to foster those relationships throughout the process.