Internal Scholarship List
The Carlson School and the University of Minnesota award a number of academic merit-based fellowships and scholarships. The Full-Time MBA program automatically considers applicants for all scholarships for which they are eligible. Unless noted in the descriptions below, no special application is required for these scholarships; however, we urge candidates to submit their applications for admission by the first or second round deadlines for full consideration.
Merit-based scholarships awarded in varying amounts from partial tuition waiver scholarships to full tuition waiver scholarships plus a stipend for living expenses. Eligibility for consideration open to all admitted candidates based on merit.
- Carlson School Deans Fellow Scholarship
- Carlson School Associates Fellow Scholarship
Merit-based scholarships for University of Minnesota alumni; awards are partial to full tuition waiver scholarships.
- John and Nancy Lindahl U of M Alumnus Fellowship
Merit-based scholarships specifically designated for women studying in the MBA program; awarded in varying amounts from partial tuition waiver scholarships to full tuition waiver scholarships plus a stipend for living expenses. Some of these awards, such as the Forté Foundation Fellowships, also include a variety of leadership and career development opportunities.
- Forté Foundation Fellowships
- Arlene Carlson
- Carlson Family Foundation MBA Fellowship
- Chris and Amy Koch MBA Scholarship
- James and Lisa White MBA Fellowship
- Judith and Richard Corson MBA Fellowship
- Laura Moret MBA Fellowship
- Marcia Page Fellowship
- Mary Pat Blake MBA Fellowship
- Rae Carter and Lowell Schwab MBA Fellowship
- Roberta Petrick Scholarship
- Thia Breen MBA Fellowship
Merit-based scholarships with preferred selection criteria for diverse candidates; awarded in varying amounts from partial tuition waiver scholarships to full tuition waiver scholarships plus a stipend for living expenses.
- National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA) - Twin Cities Fellowship
- Reaching Out MBA (ROMBA) Fellowship
- Ronald and Patricia Mangelsdorf MBA Fellowship
- Regis MBA Fellowship
Merit-based scholarships specifically designated for those who are currently serving in, or are veterans of, the U.S. military; awarded in varying amounts from $5,000 to full tuition plus a stipend for living expenses. Many of these scholarships are intended to supplement a student’s GI Bill funding, and can be used for any expense related to MBA study, including, but not limited to, tuition, fees, books, supplies, and living expenses.
- 3M Military Veterans Fellowship
- Bruellman Military Fellowship
- Buuck Family Military Veterans Fellowship
- Carlson School Veterans Fellowship
- Deloitte Military Veterans MBA Fellowship
- Gatens/Benson Military Veterans Fellowship
- Graco Military Veterans MBA Fellowship
- H. William Walter MBA Scholarship Endowment
- John and Nancy Lindahl Military Veterans Fellowship
- MBA Classes of '00 and '02 Leadership Fellowship
- Michael and Judy Mee MBA Fellowship
- Newman's Own Military Veterans Fellowship
- Polaris Military Veterans MBA Fellowship
- Rangen/Erickson Military Veterans MBA Fellowship
- Torgerson Family Military Veterans Fellowship
- United Healthcare Military Veterans Fellowship
- Victor and Fern Bates Scholarship
- William and Jane Dudley Military Veterans MBA Fellowship
Merit-based scholarship for candidates from Minnesota, or for University of Minnesota alumni; awards are partial to full tuition waiver scholarships.
- Dwight and Marjorie Peterson Fellowship Fund
Merit-based scholarships specifically for international students; awards are partial to full tuition waiver scholarships.
- Harrison Scholarships
- Ip MBA Scholarship
Merit-based scholarships with selection criteria that specify a specific intended area of study or interest in a specific Enterprise program; awards are partial to full tuition waiver scholarships.
- 3M MBA Fellowship
- Ameriprise Financial MBA Fellowship
- Finance Leaders of Tomorrow: A Funds Enterprise Scholarship
- Dennis and Barbara Senneseth MBA Fellowship
- illbruck International Business Fellowship
- William N. and Ruth M Westhoff Fellowship
Merit-based scholarships awarded to cover the study abroad costs of the required Global Experience; awards typically cover the program fee and include a small stipend for air fare and other expenses.
- Dean and Amy Sundquist Global MBA Scholarship
- Townley Memorial Scholarship
Merit-based scholarships awarded in varying amounts. Eligibility for consideration open to all admitted candidates based on merit.
- MBA Class of 2006 Scholarship
- MBA Class of 2007 Scholarship
- MBA Classes of 2008 and 2011 Scholarship
- Donaldson Company Scholarship
- Robert L. Carter Endowed MBA Scholarship
Other Scholarship Sources
We encourage all MBA applicants to explore external scholarship opportunities to support your MBA experience. Below is a selection of sample external scholarships with links to information on their requirements and applications. This list is not all-inclusive. Students may be eligible for company and individual scholarships and graduate assistantships that require special applications. Graduate assistantships are only available to second-year MBA students.
- Bush Foundation
- International Peace Scholarship (non-US & non-Canadian)
- National Black MBA Association (National)
- Prospanica (National)
- Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans
- PFund (LGBT communities)
- Rising Farmworker Dream Fund Scholarship
- Robert Toigo Foundation
- Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community Endowed Scholarship