Select incoming students are invited to join the THRIVE cohort, in which they take Carlson courses, participate in community building and leadership retreats together, and are provided peer mentorship.
Who is eligible for the program?
- THRIVE is by invitation only for select incoming students.
- The program is intended for Carlson School students who are first generation and/or from historically underrepresented groups who demonstrate commitment to learning and leadership development.
- President's Emerging Scholars recipients are also part of THRIVE.
What are the benefits?
THRIVE is designed to provide emerging student leaders with resources to cultivate a thriving environment at the Carlson School. Some of these benefits are:
- Extra bonding and support as you take Carlson School classes (Contemporary Management & Introduction to Analyzing Business Problems using Excel) with your THRIVE peers. It's like a built-in study group!
- Exclusive support of a peer mentor to help you explore academic opportunities and navigate on-campus support (think of them as your own personal cheerleader). They'll teach you the ins and outs of being successful at the Carlson School and connect you with the offices and resources to achieve your goals.
- THRIVE students who engage meaningfully with the program’s expectations receive a $1,000 scholarship in their first and last year at the University. (PES students receive a separate scholarship.)
- Programming that involves both personal and professional development.
- Participate in fall and spring leadership retreats that will provide opportunities for you to connect with other student leaders, engage in skill building activities, and reflect on your leadership approach and goals.
- Monthly community building and social events, such as game nights, dinners, workshops, etc.
- Explore career opportunities and visit industry-leading companies through site visits.
- Make real-world corporate solutions by participating in our exclusive case competition, with scholarship prizes!
- And there's always free food!
Become a THRIVE program partner
The Carlson School Diversity, Inclusion, and Enrollment team is looking for business professionals in the Twin Cities who are interested in volunteering their time and expertise to connect with students. Host THRIVE students for a site visit or hold a professional development workshop to find the next generation of business leaders and talent. There are multiple ways for the local business community to collaborate with our various programs.