The eleventh-annual Minnesota Cup has announced the 70 teams of entrepreneurs, inventors, and innovators that will advance to the second round of the 2015 competition. Among the semifinalists are 15 teams led by Carlson School alumni and students.
The MN Cup is a statewide contest designed to seek out, support, celebrate, and promote Minnesota's newest and most innovative business ideas. On Aug. 18, finalists from each division will be announced, and each division winner will receive $30,000 in seed capital. Additionally, one runner up from each division will receive $5,000 in seed capital.
On September 9, the grand prize winner across all divisions will be announced and will receive an additional $50,000 in seed money.
Check out the 2015 MN Cup Semifinalists with a connection to the Carlson School
- SIMPLS – Ryan Rosenthal, ’11 BSB, and former Entre in Action student Mike Von Fange, ’12 BEE
High Tech Division
Life Science/Health IT Division
- MNPHARM – Company supported by Entre in Action crowdfunding campaign
- Vigilant Diagnostics – Andrew Tsai ’15 MBA; Richard Carlson, ’73 BSB
- Fortiori Design LLC – Roger Schmitz, ’99 BSB
- Biospheres, Inc. – Cyrus Munshi, ’12 MBA; Kevin Roche, ’03 MBA
- Autonomee – Steven Bruce, ‘16 MBA
- Lionheart Cider – John Rupsch, Anna Lin, Fabian Young, Lindsay Jones, Jason Dayton, David O'Neill, Gunnar Scharf, and Henrik Velle
- Ova Woman LLC – Elise Maxwell, ’16 MBA
- Rakuna – Ngan Pham, ’16 MAcc
- Startup Finder – Juhyun Kwon, ’17 BSB