Carlson School Finalizes New Strategic Plan
Thursday, April 1, 2021
Titled “Business as a Force for Good,” the Carlson School’s new strategic vision positions the school for its next 100 years of business education.
Aligned with the University of Minnesota’s Systemwide Strategic Plan, the Carlson School’s plan is flexible to allow for responses to the long-term impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, while also ensuring continued investment in vital areas.
The plan includes five platforms and initiatives that the school will develop over the next five years, including:
- Foster mutually impactful business engagement that informs world-class research and teaching
- Develop innovative programs that respond to and capture market demand
- Enrich the student experience
- Develop leaders committed to equity and inclusion for all identities in a community that supports diverse students, faculty, and staff
- Build a “Carlson for Life” experience that encourages lifelong school engagement
Within each of those platforms are specific initiatives that will address areas of focus over the next five years. Some of those include establishing a leadership position and team to drive the Carlson School’s diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives and further develop the curriculum to become more analytics-infused, with a focus on immersive, experiential learning.
The strategic plan was developed by a committee of Carlson School faculty, staff, students, and alumni. Siddharth Chandramouli, the managing director for the Carlson Consulting Enterprise, served as the facilitator.