National Industry Council
The Medical Industry Leadership Institute (MILI) National Industry Council (NIC) is comprised of senior level executives from prominent medical industry firms as well as banking and consulting firms with strong connections to the medical industry. NIC members support MILI and the Carlson School by:
Serving as an industry advocate and ambassador to promote MILI’s brand and name recognition.
Advising MILI's education agenda with insights regarding industry-specific skills and talents that will enhance graduate placement opportunities. Facilitating access to senior executives and key decision-makers within their own firms who can offer development support for programs that advance MILI’s objectives.
The NIC will help establish Carlson as one of the most prestigious business schools that is especially well known for MILI, the strength in medical industry and resulting placement power for its graduates in the medical industry. NIC members will:
- Expand the medical industry competencies of MILI/Carlson students by:
- Providing insight regarding emerging dynamics and opportunities in health care.
- Identifying priority areas for adding and/or revising MILI’s curriculum.
- Identifying experiential learning opportunities for MILI students.
- Offering guidance on the development of relevant executive education programs.
- Support students’ professional opportunities by:
- Leveraging their corporate and industry relationships to introduce and promote MILI.
- Sponsoring/hosting networking events.
- Supporting program development initiatives.
- Promote relevance of Carlson’s academic healthcare research by:
- Identifying business units within their firm that are aligned with Carlson faculty research areas.
- Facilitating access to senior executives where there may be opportunities to engage in sponsored research or joint venture projects with Carlson.
- Identifying opportunities to implement evidence-based business practices.
National Industry Council Members: