Your chance to win $1,000 to develop your new venture or implement your idea.
What: Opportunity to make a 90-second pitch on your new business idea to a panel of entrepreneurs and investors
Why: Cash prizes, feedback from experienced entrepreneurs and investors. Prior participants have gone on to raise capital and launch their BizPitch ideas.
Who: Any undergraduate student currently enrolled at the University of Minnesota
When: April 6 from 12 - 1 PM
Where: Toaster Innovation Hub
- Submit online application: Apply by March 28
- All applicants will receive feedback and advice on developing their idea
- Finalists will be notified of advancement by March 31
- Coaching and assistance available for finalists
- Give your 90-second pitch in front of panel of judges on April 6
- $1,000 Grand Prize
- $100 Most Creative
- $100 Biggest Social Impact
- $100 People’s Choice Award
- Winners will also be provided access to advisory services, courses and competitions to support them in their launch of their business idea.
Hints and Tips
What makes a good business pitch? Answer these questions succinctly:
- What is your product or service? Very simply describe what it is you sell/deliver. Be clear, but do not go into excruciating detail.
- What problem do you solve?
- What is the value proposition (what specific benefits will you deliver)?
- Who specifically is your customer? How will you reach them and create awareness?
- What are the customer's current alternatives? Briefly discuss them and how you will be different/better.
- What partners have you identified/secured?
- How will you fund your venture?
- Who will run the company? Tell them a little about you and your team's capabilities and why you can capture this opportunity.
The Biz Pitch Contest offers University of Minnesota undergrads the opportunity to present a 90-second pitch on their new business ideas to a panel of entrepreneurs and investors. Prior Biz Pitch winner, Carlson School undergrad Yehan Wang, discusses what this means for her new business.