Global Matters Speaker Series
The event series features speakers at the forefront of global business who share their expertise in emerging issues in international business and management. The events also serve as a platform for business, government, media and academic professionals engaged in global business to create and develop a valuable network.
October 25, 2018 - Morning Program
A Chinese Conglomorate Helps to Pave a New Road for the Radisson Hotel Group
John M. Kidd is the chief executive officer and chief operating officer of Radisson Hospitality, Inc. He is responsible for Radisson Hotel Group’s portfolio of hotels in the Americas and Asia Pacific, with the company's executive leadership team reporting to him.
Radisson Hotel Group is one of the world's largest and most dynamic hotel groups with eight distinctive hotel brands with more than 1,400 hotels in destinations around the world. Its portfolio of hotel brands includes: Radisson Collection™, Radisson Blu®, Radisson®, Radisson RED®, Park Plaza®, Park Inn® by Radisson, Country Inn & Suites® by Radisson, prizeotel and Radisson Rewards, the group's global hotel rewards program.
- Global Mindset: What Is It and Why Does It Matter in Business Today? with Dr. Mansour Javidan (Fall 2013)
- Leadership Lessons from the Front Lines of Global Business with Shari Ballard, Chief Human Resources Office for Best Buy, Inc. (Spring 2014)
- Redefining Global Strategy with Dr. Pankaj Ghemawat (Fall 2014)
- Successfully Navigating Opportunities and Challenges in Global Business with Glenn Leitch, President of the Jennie-O Turkey Store (Spring 2015)
- A Conversation on Cuban Travel, Trade and Investment Prospects for Minnesota Business with Congressman Tom Emmer and a panel of Minnesota business leaders (Fall 2015)
- Global Matters: Achieving Growth in Challenging Markets with Sean N. Walker, President of Latin America, General Mills (Spring 2016)
- Microsoft’s Global Transformation: Empowering Every Person and Organization to Achieve More with Chuck Edward, Head of Global Talent Acquisition, Microsoft (Fall 2016)
- Leading Public and Private Sector Innovation to Respond to Crises with Shaima Al-Zarooni, Former CEO of Dubai's International Humanitarian City (Fall 2016)
- How the Best Brands find Success Globally with Doreen Wang, Global Head of BrandZ for Kantar Millward Brown (Spring 2017)
These events are made possible by the generous support of our partners and sponsors.