Global Matters Speaker Series
The event series features speakers at the forefront of global business who share their expertise in emerging issues in international business and management. The events also serve as a platform for business, government, media and academic professionals engaged in global business to create and develop a valuable network.
October 25, 2018
The Proliferation of the Chinese Traveler: Understanding How Radisson Has Adapted to Today's Global Economy
Along with rising levels of income, travel has become a key indicator of quality of life in China’s rising affluent population with more and more Chinese traveling overseas for their vacations. By 2022, the number of Chinese outbound tourists is predicted to double from 131 million tourists in 2017; signaling a revolutionary change and opportunity for the global travel industry. Join John M. Kidd, CEO of Minneapolis based Radisson Hospitality, Inc., as he shares the lessons learned, and leveraged, as the company responds to these changing global travel trends.
Mr. Kidd has more than 40 years of hospitality industry experience, with significant expertise operating and managing hotels worldwide. In 2017, he assumed the role of chief executive officer and chief operating officer of Radisson Hospitality, Inc. based in Minneapolis and is responsible for a portfolio of more than 1,400 hotels across its eight distinctive brands. Now he has his sights set on reinvigorating the company, so it can realize on the immense outbound tourism opportunities ahead.
3M Auditorium, Carlson School of Management
7:30 am Registration and Light Breakfast
8:00 am Program Begins
9:30 am Program Concludes
- Global Mindset: What Is It and Why Does It Matter in Business Today? with Dr. Mansour Javidan (Fall 2013)
- Leadership Lessons from the Front Lines of Global Business with Shari Ballard, Chief Human Resources Office for Best Buy, Inc. (Spring 2014)
- Redefining Global Strategy with Dr. Pankaj Ghemawat (Fall 2014)
- Successfully Navigating Opportunities and Challenges in Global Business with Glenn Leitch, President of the Jennie-O Turkey Store (Spring 2015)
- A Conversation on Cuban Travel, Trade and Investment Prospects for Minnesota Business with Congressman Tom Emmer and a panel of Minnesota business leaders (Fall 2015)
- Global Matters: Achieving Growth in Challenging Markets with Sean N. Walker, President of Latin America, General Mills (Spring 2016)
- Microsoft’s Global Transformation: Empowering Every Person and Organization to Achieve More with Chuck Edward, Head of Global Talent Acquisition, Microsoft (Fall 2016)
- Leading Public and Private Sector Innovation to Respond to Crises with Shaima Al-Zarooni, Former CEO of Dubai's International Humanitarian City (Fall 2016)
- How the Best Brands find Success Globally with Doreen Wang, Global Head of BrandZ for Kantar Millward Brown (Spring 2017)
These events are made possible by the generous support of our partners and sponsors.