Global Matters Speaker Series
The event series features speakers at the forefront of global business who share their expertise in emerging issues in international business and management. The events also serve as a platform for business, government, media and academic professionals engaged in global business to create and develop a valuable network.
May 11, 2017
How the Best Brands find Success Globally
Doreen Wang, Global Head of BrandZ for Kantar Millward Brown, will share lessons and cases of top brands from the US and Europe, as well as fast-growing local brands from Asia. She will provide insights into what the best global brands are doing right and how other firms can learn from these examples to stay ahead of an ever evolving competitive landscape.
Ms. Wang is a seasoned executive with extensive experience in providing outstanding marketing and strategic consulting services for senior executives in Fortune 500 companies in both China and the US. She currently leads the global BrandZ engagement across 45 countries, and the launch of BrandZ Global Top 100 Most Valuable Brands, China Top 100 Most Valuable Brands, Brazil, Indian, Indonesia and Mexico rankings. She leads a global research and marketing team with members based in UK, US and other 6 countries to build BrandZ platform.
7:30-8:00 a.m. Registration and breakfast
8:00-9:30 a.m. Panel and Q&A
Follow us on Twitter @carlsonglobal for updates.
- Global Mindset: What Is It and Why Does It Matter in Business Today? with Dr. Mansour Javidan (Fall 2013)
- Leadership Lessons from the Front Lines of Global Business with Shari Ballard, Chief Human Resources Office for Best Buy, Inc. (Spring 2014)
- Redefining Global Strategy with Dr. Pankaj Ghemawat (Fall 2014)
- Successfully Navigating Opportunities and Challenges in Global Business with Glenn Leitch, President of the Jennie-O Turkey Store (Spring 2015)
- A Conversation on Cuban Travel, Trade and Investment Prospects for Minnesota Business with Congressman Tom Emmer and a panel of Minnesota business leaders (Fall 2015)
- Global Matters: Achieving Growth in Challenging Markets with Sean N. Walker, President of Latin America, General Mills (Spring 2016)
- Microsoft’s Global Transformation: Empowering Every Person and Organization to Achieve More with Chuck Edward, Head of Global Talent Acquisition, Microsoft (September 2016)
- Leading Public and Private Sector Innovation to Respond to Crises, Shaima Al-Zarooni, Former CEO of Dubai's International Humanitarian City (October 2016)
These events are made possible by the generous support of our partners and sponsors.