Global Matters Speaker Series
The event series features speakers at the forefront of global business who share their expertise in emerging issues in international business and management. The events also serve as a platform for business, government, media and academic professionals engaged in global business to create and develop a valuable network.
The Economics of Trade Wars: 25 Years of NAFTA
With global trade issues making headlines daily and analysts carefully watching for signs of a recession, what advice do economic research and history have to offer? Will USMCA, the "new NAFTA," benefit its member nations? What trade policies have been most beneficial to Minnesota's businesses and residents? Join us for a panel discussion addressing these questions and more.
A Conversation with:
Senior Vice President of Member & Government Relations
Distinguished McKnight Professor
University of Minnesota Department of Economics
Opus College of Business, University of St. Thomas
Offered in partnership with the Heller-Hurwicz Economics Institute.
This event is made possible by the sponsorship of Litigation Analytics.
- A Conversation with General Mills President and CEO Jeff Harmening. Co-Sponsored 1st Tuesday Speaker Series (Spring 2019)
- The Proliferation of the Chinese Traveler: Understanding How Radisson Has Adapted to Today's Global Economy, with CEO of Radisson Hospitality John Kidd (Fall 2018)
- Trump, Trade, and the Future of NAFTA: Panel discussion featuring lead negotiators for NAFTA from the U.S., Mexico, and Canada (Spring 2017)
- How the Best Brands find Success Globally with Doreen Wang, Global Head of BrandZ for Kantar Millward Brown (Spring 2017)
- Achieving Growth in Challenging Markets with Sean N. Walker, President of Latin America, General Mills (Spring 2016)
- Leading Public and Private Sector Innovation to Respond to Crises with Shaima Al-Zarooni, Former CEO of Dubai's International Humanitarian City (Fall 2016)
- Microsoft’s Global Transformation: Empowering Every Person and Organization to Achieve More with Chuck Edward, Head of Global Talent Acquisition, Microsoft (Fall 2016)
- Successfully Navigating Opportunities and Challenges in Global Business with Glenn Leitch, President of the Jennie-O Turkey Store (Spring 2015)
- A Conversation on Cuban Travel, Trade and Investment Prospects for Minnesota Business with Congressman Tom Emmer and a panel of Minnesota business leaders (Fall 2015)
- Leadership Lessons from the Front Lines of Global Business with Shari Ballard, Chief Human Resources Office for Best Buy, Inc. (Spring 2014)
- Redefining Global Strategy with Dr. Pankaj Ghemawat (Fall 2014)
- Global Mindset: What Is It and Why Does It Matter in Business Today? with Dr. Mansour Javidan (Fall 2013)
These events are made possible by the generous support of our partners and sponsors.