Global Matters Speaker Series
The event series features speakers at the forefront of global business who share their expertise in emerging issues in international business and management. The events also serve as a platform for business, government, media and academic professionals engaged in global business to create and develop a valuable network.
March 27, 2017
Trump, Trade, and the Future of NAFTA
This event brings together the lead NAFTA negotiators from the U.S. (Carla Hills), Canada (John Weekes), and Mexico (Jaime Serra Puche) for a panel discussion about the future of regional trade and NAFTA. The panel will be moderated by Tim Kehoe, Distinguished McKnight Professor in the Department of Economics at the University of Minnesota.
3:30-5:00 p.m. Panel and Q&A
5:00-6:00 p.m. Reception and networking
This event is a offered in collaboration with the Heller-Hurwicz Economics Institute at the University of Minnesota.
Registration is required. Register here.
May 11, 2017
How the Best Brands find Success Globally
Doreen Wang, Global Head of BrandZ for Kantar Millward Brown, will share lessons and cases of top brands from the US and Europe, as well as fast-growing local brands from Asia. She will provide insights into what the best global brands are doing right and how other firms can learn from these examples to stay ahead of an ever evolving competitive landscape.
7:30-8:00 a.m. Registration and breakfast
8:00-9:00 a.m. Panel and Q&A
Registration information is forthcoming
Follow us on Twitter @carlsonglobal for updates.
- Global Mindset: What Is It and Why Does It Matter in Business Today? with Dr. Mansour Javidan (Fall 2013)
- Leadership Lessons from the Front Lines of Global Business with Shari Ballard, Chief Human Resources Office for Best Buy, Inc. (Spring 2014)
- Redefining Global Strategy with Dr. Pankaj Ghemawat (Fall 2014)
- Successfully Navigating Opportunities and Challenges in Global Business with Glenn Leitch, President of the Jennie-O Turkey Store (Spring 2015)
- A Conversation on Cuban Travel, Trade and Investment Prospects for Minnesota Business with Congressman Tom Emmer and a panel of Minnesota business leaders (Fall 2015)
- Global Matters: Achieving Growth in Challenging Markets with Sean N. Walker, President of Latin America, General Mills (Spring 2016)
- Microsoft’s Global Transformation: Empowering Every Person and Organization to Achieve More with Chuck Edward, Head of Global Talent Acquisition, Microsoft (September 2016)
- Leading Public and Private Sector Innovation to Respond to Crises, Shaima Al-Zarooni, Former CEO of Dubai's International Humanitarian City (October 2016)
These events are made possible by the generous support of our partners and sponsors.