People Analytics: Driving Strategy with Data
HR professionals are surrounded by vast troves of employee level data and in many cases, this data isn’t being leveraged to its full potential. This course will help participants realize the potential of their employee data to improve people-related decision-making and human resource strategy.
About This Program
Understanding and leveraging human resources data can help your organization increase its ability to meet business goals and drive engagement throughout your company.
Admittedly, leveraging people analytics is not always a straightforward and simple process. Data can be messy, and may be located in multiple systems across separate teams. Sometimes, even the initial project to locate, clean, and integrate data can be extensive. However, the payoff of harnessing the data's power can be substantial--by increasing the organization's ability to inform and solve business problems.
This course will guide you through the people analytics landscape--from basics on terminology in the analytics space to guidance on how to set up or expand your team, to how to act on the insights. You will hear about approaches used by organizations to get through the adoption curve, including use cases on turnover, employee engagement, employee selection, and diversity and inclusion.
Whether you are just starting out on the people analytics journey or if you are well underway, you'll leave the course with a practical plan of how to take the next steps to tackle HR-relevant business challenges.
- Leaders responsible for hiring and managing talent
- HR professionals and their business partners
- General managers, directors, VPs
- Increase your ability to strategically partner across the organization
- Learn a framework for aligning people analytics with business needs and strategy
- Gain a working knowledge of descriptive and predictive analytics
- Practice defining a problem and mapping the solution (the path from data to analysis to action)
- Consider ethical questions inherent in using people data
- Leave the course with an analytics and communication plan to tackle an HR-relevant business challenge
People Analytics: Solving Business Challenges with Employee Data
Colleen Flaherty Manchester shows how data analytics can be used to solve human resources challenges and move organizations to achieve their major business goals. People Analytics dives deeper into these principles and practices needed to get the most out of HR analytics initiatives.
Additional Course Details
Building Your People Analytics Capabilities
What Should You Do with Employee Data? Ethics and Data Governance
Emerging Technologies and Trends
Building a People Analytics Function and Team
Insight into Action