Date Posted: 12/27/2017
Who We Are
Calvera Partners is a fast-growing private real estate investment company focused on investments in multifamily properties. We find apartment buildings with considerable potential and then use creativity not usually found amongst our competitors to transform a building into something that is unique and authentic to the neighborhood. We’ve had tremendous success implementing this strategy in Silicon Valley and recently started our national expansion with an acquisition in downtown Minneapolis.
Who We Want
We are a highly entrepreneurial and flat organization. As a result, we want someone who is self- motivated, organized, able to take initiative, has strong time management skills, and cares about the quality of their work product. Strong analytical and written and verbal communication skills are necessary to perform this role at a high level.
THIS POSITION IS BASED IN MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA.
What You’ll Do
The Investment Analyst will directly support all principals of Calvera through underwriting and modeling of new acquisitions, asset management of existing portfolio, investor relations, market research, and a variety of other financial and investor-related tasks. The Investment Analyst will have the unique ability to “roll up their sleeves” and experience all aspects of the real estate investment process as if they were an owner themselves.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acquisitions: Prepare in-depth financial and written analysis of potential acquisition opportunities through Excel modeling, competitor and market research, and communication with the brokerage community.
- Asset Management: Review monthly reporting from 3rd party managers, create sell vs. hold analysis, collaborate with 3rd party managers on annual budgets, participate in meetings with management or construction staff.
- Investor Relations: Assist in the creation of all investor communication such as distribution letters, annual financial reports, quarterly or monthly newsletters, investor database maintenance, and institutional investor presentation materials.
- Research: Research new markets for potential investment and create detailed market qualification reports.
- Ad Hoc: Provide support to principals regarding special projects.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 years of real estate or finance experience; commercial real estate analysis preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Strong interest in real estate, particularly multifamily investing
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently with attention to detail
- Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- High level of integrity and trust
- Comfortable in small entrepreneurial organization experiencing growth
- Must be able to travel around the Twin Cities, to the San Francisco Bay Area and other target markets, as needed
We offer a competitive compensation package including vacation, medical, dental, and vision benefits.
Interested candidates: please email Brian Milovich at firstname.lastname@example.org