Our top rated summer internship program is designed to give interns meaningful work in specific functions, providing a deeper understanding of the processes of a Fortune 500 financial services organization. This internship offers interesting challenges, valuable experience, and an opportunity to get to know Thrivent Financial better. This 12 week program is a key piece of Thrivent’s talent program to ensure a strong pipeline of new talent to meet the needs of the organization now and into the future. The Thrivent Financial internship program offers you assignments that optimize your skills and experience while giving you exposure to multiple areas of the business. Our internship offers an opportunity to participate in hands-on financial statement and valuation analysis of owned companies as well as purchase candidates.
- Update company financial models to reflect recent results
- Modify model forecasted information to reflect recent trends
- Input data into valuation analysis
- Run comparative analysis versus comparable companies
- Confirm investment thesis is intact
- Participate in industry and company research process including meeting with company managements
- Completed first year of MBA program with a track record of excellent academic performance
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance and work towards CFA preferred
- A background of financial accounting
- Factset knowledge and valuation orientation
- Sell or buy side equity research experience is a positive
- Accounting, consulting, or operating management experience is also a positive
- Self-motivated with demonstrated leadership abilities
- Strong communication, problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills
Other Critical Factors
- A full-time internship for 12 weeks (minimum)
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Tools, particularly Excel
- Able to work in the United States for indefinite period without sponsorship
You don’t need to be Christian to join our team. You do need the passion to guide our members on their Wise With Money Journey, equipping them to live more content, confident and generous lives. Thrivent strives to provide an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, sex, genetic information, or any other status or condition protected by applicable state or federal laws. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Laurel Wealth Planning, LLC, is an established holistic wealth management firm serving clientele in Minnesota and several other states from our main office in Edina, Minnesota. Through a planning process built on integrity, knowledge, and attention to every last detail, we help people live the lives they want, building long-term relationships built on a foundation of trust and confidence. We have served this area and our market niches – including retirees and those planning for retirement; affluent divorces & widows -- for more than twenty years.
We are looking for a Portfolio Analyst to join our team. The individual in this position analyzes and recommends changes to client investment portfolios, performs investment research, owns and retains accuracy of investment reporting systems, and coordinates LWP’s Investment Committee. Also, leads process improvement initiatives in this area.
In this position, the individual’s Essential Duties and Responsibilities are:
- In coordination with Wealth Manager (WM) or Paraplanner (PP), analyzes client portfolios and provides investment update.
- Coordinates the activities associated with the Investment Committee and Investment Models.
- Looks for process improvement opportunities and pro-actively brings PI suggestions to management.
- Works cross functionally as needed. Backs up team members as needed.
We are looking for someone who has the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Working knowledge of investment terminology and concepts.
- Advanced skill level with Excel and expertise with industry software such as Portfolio Centers, Tamarac, etc.
- Familiarity with Morningstar.
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information and identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Writes clearly and informatively, presents numerical data effectively and can read and interpret written information.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment and manages competing demands.
- Ability to commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals and completes tasks on time within budget or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Ability to take independent actions and calculated risks.
- Prioritizes and plans own work activities; works well independently and in a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred (or equivalent discipline); 3+ years of portfolio realignment or investment experience. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Series 65 licensed. Investment credential preferred such as CFA and/or graduate work in financial and/or securities.
Strong individual health insurance benefit. Company-paid disability income and life insurance. Company match into retirement plan.
Opportunity to move to Portfolio Manager position over time, based on performance.
For more details contact:
Recruiting Business Partner
Main: 763-253-9100 | Direct: 763-253-9149
MRA | 9805 45th Ave N | Plymouth | MN | 55442
Patti.Matthews@mranet.org | www.mranet.org