National Undergraduate Supply Chain Case Competition
Due to safety concerns regarding the coronavirus, the April 1-4, 2020
National Undergraduate Supply Chain Case Competition is cancelled effective 3/11/20.
We intend to host the competition next year in 2021.
Watch for upcoming dates soon!
The Supply Chain and Operations Department at the Carlson School of Management is proud to sponsor the 8th Annual National Undergraduate Supply Chain Case Competition. The purpose of the competition is to provide a unique learning opportunity for undergraduate supply chain students while raising awareness of the areas of supply chain and operations as a potential career path. The competition includes cash prizes totaling $8,000. Funds for the competition are made available through the gracious support of corporate sponsors via the Supply Chain and Operations Department at the Carlson School of Management.
The event is April 1-4, 2020 at the Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota. The competition brings together multiple university teams, including many from the top undergraduate supply chain and operations programs in the country. Teams of four undergraduate students compete in a 24-hour business case with presentations to judges’ panels consisting of business professionals from the corporate sponsors.
We are inviting teams to register on line using the survey tool contained in the link below by March 16th, 2020. The survey is designed to be filled out by one person, preferably by either the team advisor or a staff member. Within the survey, you will be required to fill out, not only information on the individuals attending, but also information related to the team fee invoicing as well as flight and hotel information. You’re encouraged to start filling out as much of the survey as possible now. The survey will allow you to update your information should anything change after your initial completion.
You may now register your team at this link: https://forms.gle/DbkGr7nm9LMXoRyU6
Purpose of the Case Competition
- Provide an exceptional learning experience for supply chain and operations undergraduate students
- Promote the field of supply chain and operations as a career path
- Showcase corporate partners who support the case competitions and who hire supply chain and undergraduate students
- Enhance academic skills by applying concepts, tools and techniques of supply chain and operations to solving a business problem
- Strengthen connections between top supply chain universities and corporate partners
- Build relationships among top supply chain and operations undergraduate universities for sharing curriculum, new trends, and future directions
- Provide financial support to undergraduate students via cash prizes
Universities scheduled to participate in 2020
- Baylor University, Hankamer School of Business
- Brigham Young University, Marriott School
- Indiana University, Kelley School of Business
- Iowa State University, College of Business
- Michigan State University, Eli Broad College of Business
- Purdue University, Krannert School of Management
- Syracuse University, Whitman School of Management
- Texas A&M University, Mays Business School
- Texas Christian University, Neeley School of Business
- The Ohio State University, Fisher College of Business
- The Pennsylvania State University, Smeal College of Business
- University of Michigan-Dearborn, College of Business
- University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Nebraska College of Business
- University of North Dakota, College of Business and Public Administration
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Wisconsin School of Business
- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, College of Business and Economics
- Weber State University, John B. Goddard School of Business and Economics
- Western Michigan University, Haworth College of Business