National Undergraduate Supply Chain Case Competition
Watch here for 7th Annual Case Competition news.
Next year's dates are March 27-30, 2019.
The Supply Chain and Operations Department at the Carlson School of Management is proud to sponsor the 6th Annual 2018 National Undergraduate Supply Chain Case Competition. The purpose of the competition is to provide a unique learning opportunity for undergraduate supply chain students while raising awareness of the areas of supply chain and operations as a potential career path. The competition includes cash prizes totaling $8,000. Funds for the competition are made available through the gracious support of corporate sponsors via the Supply Chain and Operations Department at the Carlson School of Management.
The event is April 4-7, 2018 at the Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota. The competition brings together 16 universities, including many of the top undergraduate supply chain and operations programs in the country. Teams of four undergraduate students compete in a 24-hour business case with presentations to judges’ panels consisting of business professionals from the corporate sponsors.
This year we are asking for teams to register on line using the survey tool contained in the link below. The survey is designed so that it may be filled out by one person or individual team members. Within the survey, you will be required to fill out not only information on the individuals attending, but also information related to the team fee invoicing as well as flight and hotel information. You’re encouraged to start filling out as much of the survey as possible now. The survey will allow you to update your information should anything change after your initial completion. Please note: once the details have been firmed up for the industry site visits, an additional survey link will be sent for individual/team sign ups.
You may now register your complete teams at this link: https://umn.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cXQGXqiYPRlPRsN
Purpose of the Case Competition
- Provide an exceptional learning experience for supply chain and operations undergraduate students
- Promote the field of supply chain and operations as a career path
- Showcase corporate partners who support the case competitions and who hire supply chain and undergraduate students
- Enhance academic skills by applying concepts, tools and techniques of supply chain and operations to solving a business problem
- Strengthen connections between top supply chain universities and corporate partners
- Build relationships among top supply chain and operations undergraduate universities for sharing curriculum, new trends, and future directions
- Provide financial support to undergraduate students via cash prizes
Universities Competing in the 2018 Case Competition
- Arizona State University, W. P. Carey School of Business
- Brigham Young University, Marriott School
- Indiana University, Kelley School of Business
- Iowa State University, College of Business
- Michigan State University, Eli Broad College of Business
- Ohio State University, Max M. Fisher College of Business
- Pennsylvania State University, Smeal College of Business
- Purdue University, Krannert School of Management
- Texas Christian University, Neeley School of Business
- University of Michigan-Dearborn, College of Business
- University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Wisconsin School of Business
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Lubar School of Business
- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, College of Business and Economics
- Weber State University, John B. Goddard School of Business and Economics
- Western Michigan University, Haworth College of Business