Applying for Admission
***Please note that application submission for 2023 MSBA program entry is now closed. You may start an application anytime, however the option to submit the application for 2024 entry will open in the summer of 2023***
Who Should Apply to the MS in Business Analytics Program?
The MS in Business Analytics is a rigorous graduate program for analytical thinkers with an interest in business. Qualified applicants should demonstrate a capacity for intense academic study, a propensity for mathematics and programming, and a basic understanding of business fundamentals. Recent graduates and early-career professionals with analytical backgrounds are eligible for the program.
Ideal candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate degree in economics, mathematics, engineering, business, computer science, statistics, or related field is recommended, but not required
- Demonstrated competency in computer programming in at least one of the following computer programming languages is required: Python, C, C++, C#, VB (not VBA), or Java. Academic transcripts, certificates from online courses, or work experience may be cited to meet this requirement.
- At least one college-level calculus course is required.
- At least one college-level statistics course is recommended, but not required.
- Full-time work experience is not required. We do strongly recommend having at least some related internship(s) involving analyzing data, using technical software, and/or applying computer programming languages (e.g., Python, R, SQL, C, C++, C#, VB, Java, etc.), in addition to having related academic or extracurricular experiences.
MSBA Student Profile
The following application rounds and deadlines are for applicants who wish to start the MSBA program in Summer of 2023.
Admitted students who enroll in the program are required to arrive on campus in time for the required MSBA Program Orientation in late May or early June (2023 dates are May 30 - June 2). No exceptions are made to this requirement.
- November 1
Decision notification: December 29
- January 3
Decision notification: March 10
- February 1 - Final deadline for international applicants
Decision notification: April 14
- March 15 - Final deadline for domestic applicants
Decision notification: April 28