At the Carlson School, your peers are an integral part of your Part-Time education. Even in a flexible schedule, those who join you in the classroom will share one important thing: the drive and curiosity to work toward a Carlson MBA. Even better, they will bring their own unique education, career, and life history with them when they come to campus. It’s all part of what makes up the Carlson MBA. To foster the ties among our students, we provide networking opportunities, student organizations, and experiential learning. You’re sure to make new friends and future colleagues in the Part-Time MBA program.
Students come to the Carlson School to gain the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to achieve their goals. At the same time, we depend on students to help keep the program on the cutting edge of business education. We listen to and learn from our students. As tomorrow's business leaders, you play an essential role in helping the program change and evolve over time. At the Carlson School, you will make connections and friendships that last a lifetime and you will gain a diverse network of distinguished professionals than spans the globe.
"Students at the Carlson School are the same people that are making changes in our business community. I plan to leverage the network I've gained in years to come."
Kelly Jorgenson, Senior Market Analyst, International Business Development, Loram Maintenance of Way, Inc., Carlson Part-Time MBA 2012
Student Clubs & Organizations
Over the years, we've worked closely with students to develop organizations and activities that help students connect outside of the classroom.
- Leadership Advisory Board (LAB): The Part-Time MBA Leadership Advisory Board serves as a liaison between the students and Carlson School leadership and acts as a strategic advisory board to improve the quality, value, and community of the Part-Time MBA Program.
- Carlson Women's Network (CWN): The aim of the Carlson Women's Network (CWN) is to provide a more well-rounded experience for the part-time female MBA student. CWN provides meaningful discussion and resources focused around women who are juggling many obligations while trying to advance themselves and lead today’s businesses.
- Energy Club: The Part-Time Energy Club exists to provide a forum for exploring the full spectrum of challenges and opportunities in the energy sector in the Upper Midwest – with a particular focus on the tension between environmental stewardship and market constraints.
- Family Club: The Family Club offers networking opportunities, friendship, and support to Carlson MBA students with families, and to their partners and children. This is primarily accomplished through family-friendly events and activities.
- Sports Business Club: The Sports Business Club offers experiences that give insight into the business behind the sports industry. The club creates social and networking opportunities that increase engagement of part-time MBA students outside of the classroom and drives support of student athletes.