The Carlson Full-Time MBA program offers the flexibility for students to customize their courses to pursue their ideal career path. Establish a foundation of fundamental business knowledge through core classes that cover everything from accounting to marketing to supply chain and operations. Build your expertise by choosing from a wide range of electives that match your professional interests and career goals.
Learn more about elective course offerings by exploring the course listings below, grouped by functional area. The courses listed represent typical offerings in an academic year. Not all electives are offered every semester.
We offer several different course formats within our traditional fall, spring, and summer semesters - formats include in-person, condensed weekend, and online courses.
Candidates are on-campus 4 days a week taking in-person courses through the first year of the program. The second year of coursework allows candidates to add more flexibility with weeknight, weekend, and online courses, but candidates will primarily still be on-campus during the weekdays.
Full-Time MBA Core Courses & Electives
Our Full-Time MBA is designed with customization in mind for your interest and career goals.
For more information on course delivery formats, please connect with a recruiter.
To review specific elective courses, read courses description and course outcomes, please visit our MBA Electives Site.
- MBA 6030 Financial Accounting - 3 credits
- MBA 6110 Leading Others - 2 credits
- MBA 6120 Data Analysis and Statistics for Managers - 3 credits
- MBA 6140 Managerial Economics - 2 credits
- MBA 6210 Marketing Management - 3 credits
- MBA 6220 Supply Chain & Operations - 3 credits
- MBA 6230 Financial Management - 3 credits
- MBA 6240 Competing in a Data-Driven Age - 2 credits
- MBA 6300 Strategic Management - 3 credits
- MBA 6315 Business Ethics - 2 credits
- MGMT 6465 Leadership Development - 2 credits
The enterprise requirement will add a weight of 8 credits over two academic semesters.
Choose 1 of the following
- Global Immersion Programs (Direct exchange for partial or full semester) - 4 credits
- Global Enrichment Programs (2-week faculty-led) - 4 credits
- MGMT 6305 Int’l Environment of Business - 4 credits
- IDSC 6465 Global Sourcing of IT - 4 credits
- SCO 6081 Global Operations Strategy - 4 credits
- MKTG 6072 International Marketing - 4 credits
- MILI 6997 Global Valuation Lab in Bay Area - 4 credits