The Master of Accountancy program prepares you to be a successful accounting, tax, or finance professional in a dynamic, global business environment. We look for students who have a strong academic and diverse background with an interest in the accounting profession. Applicants do not need to have an accounting undergraduate degree to apply to the program.
Candidates must have:
- An undergraduate degree (in any field) with a GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher*
- Completed or in the process of completing these courses (or equivalent):
- ACCT 2050 Introduction to Financial Reporting;
- ACCT 3001 Introduction to Management Accounting;
- ACCT 5101 Intermediate Accounting 1;
- FINA 3001 Finance Fundamentals**
*Students may apply during their senior year, but must complete the baccalaureate degree prior to entering the MAcc program.
**We consider and admit applicants before they have taken all of these courses, but they must complete them with a B or better before taking MAcc courses.
The following factors are considered when looking at applications:
- Academic record
- Test scores (GMAT), required unless candidates met waiver qualifications
- Letters of recommendations
- Fall start: February 1 priority, followed by rolling admission
- Spring start: October 1 priority, followed by rolling admission
- Summer start: February 1 priority, followed by rolling admission
We will accept applications after these deadlines if space is available.
Completed applications are reviewed after the priority deadline and then on a rolling basis. All applicants will receive an admissions decision via email. The process can take four to six weeks after the deadline.