The Master of Accountancy program prepares you to be a successful accounting, tax, or finance professional in a dynamic, global business environment. We look for students who have a strong academic and diverse background with an interest in the accounting profession. Applicants do not need to have an accounting undergraduate degree to apply to the program.
Candidates must have:
- An undergraduate degree (in any field) with a GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher*
- Completed or in the process of completing these courses (or equivalent)**:
- ACCT 2051 (formerly ACCT 2050) Introduction to Financial Reporting;
- ACCT 3001 Introduction to Management Accounting;
- ACCT 5101 Intermediate Accounting 1
*Students may apply during their senior year, but must complete the baccalaureate degree prior to entering the MAcc program.
**We consider and admit applicants before they have taken all of these courses, but they must complete them better before taking MAcc courses.
The following factors are considered when looking at applications:
- Academic record
- Personal statement
- Letters of Recommendations
- Video essay
- English Language Test (if applicable)
Completed applications are reviewed after the priority deadline and then on a rolling basis. All applicants will receive an admissions decision via email. The process can take four to five weeks after the deadline.
Apply early and give yourself the best chance to join the Carlson School's Master of Accountancy program.