LGBTQ Community at Carlson
Best college for LGBTQ+ students according to "Best Colleges" (2020)
Gender and Sexuality Center for Queer and Trans Life
The University’s Gender and Sexuality Center for Queer and Trans Life supports students by providing enriching programming, training, and resources.
LGBTQ Community at Carlson
In addition to those offered by the University, Carlson is home to a number of different resources and staff members focused on diversity and inclusion, LGBTQ community building, and events focused on positive, open conversations.
The first queer inclusive student group focused on professional development, career exploration, and mentorship.
- The mission of Compass is to engage the Carlson LGBTQ+A community to encourage all Carlson students to be their authentic selves both as students and as professionals. Compass does this by providing volunteer, educational, professional development, and networking opportunities. Compass is a student organization within the Full-Time MBA program but is a resource to all of our programs.
A partnership with Carlson.
- Reaching Out MBA is a year-round operating non-profit organization with over a dozen programs dedicated to educating, inspiring, and connecting the LGBTQ MBA community to impact change in the workplace and create the next generation of our leaders. We offer a fellowship that provides students benefits such as conference attendance, mentorship, and networking with the ROMBA community of professionals.
Committed Diversity & Inclusion Staff
We have staff on both the Student Affairs and Admissions teams committed to Diversity and Inclusion.
- Our diversity and inclusion staff support our students by connecting them with resources in the Twin Cities LGBTQ community as well as the tight-knit Carlson community. We also strive to continuously evolve our inclusion practices so that our students are able to thrive in their MBA journey.
- Carlson also supports and celebrates students with programming like the LGBTQ Community lunches. With a strong LGBTQ alumni community, students also have access to several networking events throughout the year.
LGBTQ Visit Day-October 4th, 2018
- The Carlson School MBA Programs invites students to come visit our community through our LGBTQ Visit Day program. On your Visit Day, you'll have the opportunity to engage with prospective and current students with shared experiences, learn more about your academic experience here, interact with alumni, and immerse yourself in what the Carlson School can offer you. Our Admissions Team is eager to host you on campus and give you the information and tools you need to navigate the MBA Admissions process.