Inclusive Leadership: Fostering Diversity to Drive Performance
Inclusiveness isn’t just nice to have on teams. Research shows that it directly enhances business performance. As a leader, you're uniquely positioned to create a culture where employees feel valued through everyday business practices. This course takes a two-fold approach to help you improve diversity and inclusion at your organization. You'll enhance your own inclusive leadership skills and learn a systems design approach for fostering a profitable and diverse culture.
About This Program
Diversity has the potential to benefit employees and organizations alike, yet the benefits of diversity are only realized in organizations with inclusive leadership practices. This two-day course is tailored to the perspective of leaders who wish to increase organizational value through improving workplace diversity and fostering an inclusive culture.
This leader-focused programming zeros-in on specific diversity and inclusion strategies to implement at their organizations. Participants will build their own capabilities as inclusive leaders, deep-dive into a systems design approach to inclusion, experiment with common workplace scenarios, and spend time to develop an action plan for themselves. Courses will be led by Carlson School of Management faculty and thought leaders from the business community.
This course includes a faculty-led virtual check-in after 90 days for participants to share immediate successes and challenges as well as regroup for work going forward.
This program is valid for 13 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
The Live Online Experience
Through the Carlson Executive Education live online experience, you’ll immerse yourself in cutting-edge business coursework and connect with peers and Carlson faculty from the convenience of wherever you are. Live online courses are designed to be interactive and are in real-time. Your cohort will work through group discussions, including direct faculty interaction. You’ll finish the course with valuable insights to apply at work, as well as a new network of peers. Learn more about live online courses and find answers to frequently asked questions.
- Mid to senior-level leaders
- HR professionals
- C-suite leaders
- Learn how to develop and communicate a cogent argument in favor of inclusion in organizations
- Recognize opportunities and obstacles in your organization’s culture
- Explore the business levers within your control and develop systems that facilitate the long-term maintenance of inclusive behavior
- Develop the skills and competencies needed to be a more inclusive leader
- Identify strategies to understand and deal with cultural differences and conflict across those differences
- Walk through critical issues raised in workplace scenarios and how they impact potential communication and outcomes
Additional Course Details
Creating Your Own Action Plan