As part of a highly competitive selection process, the Carlson School carefully considers each applicant's demonstrated and potential abilities as a student, manager and leader.
We realize that COVID-19 has affected our applicants in many ways: testing center closures, travel restrictions, visa processing barriers, new family responsibilities and so much more. We want to be sure you know that we are here to make this a personalized process. Do you need more time to complete your application? Are you having difficulty getting test scores or documents? Have your testing plans changed? Let us know - we’re here to help. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’re happy to get you an email response within 24 hours or setup a virtual appointment.
The Carlson Full-Time MBA program offers a streamlined online application. The following materials are required to apply:
- Personal statement essay
- GMAT or GRE score
- 2 professional references
- Current resume
- Video essay
All application materials are due by the deadline or your application will be considered incomplete. We have a grace period of 5-7 days after the deadline; if you need to discuss your application timeline, please contact email@example.com.
An interview for the Full-Time MBA program is required for admission. Interviews are by invitation only, offered on weekdays in person or via Skype.
All applicants will receive an admissions decision via email. Admitted students will receive an admission packet in the mail.
4. Emails about your application
You will be receiving application update emails from firstname.lastname@example.org, please add this email to your contact list or safe list so that they are not caught in your spam filter.
Personal Statement Essay
Your personal statement should be no more than 1200 words (3 pages), that address the following questions:
- Briefly describe your short-term and long-term career goals. Why are you choosing to pursue an MBA at this time in your career, and what are you hoping to accomplish by doing so?
- Why are you interested in pursuing an MBA at the Carlson School of Management? What do you feel makes you a strong candidate for the program?
- Do you have an enterprise program that you are currently interested in and why? What skills would you bring to this enterprise?