We have a dynamic, growing subject pool, recently remodeled lab space, a robust list of databases and datasets, and other useful resources for your research.
The labs and their resources are supported by the Associate Dean of Faculty and Research, Alok Gupta, and the Behavioral Labs Manager.
Please use the links in the right panel and in the accordian below to learn more about how to use the resources available for your research.
Please direct any comments or questions to email@example.com or call 612-626-8101.
Research Databases and Datasets
The Carlson School has a robust list of database and dataset subscriptions available to all Carlson Faculty and Doctoral students. In addition to these school wide subscriptions some datasets have been individually licensed by specific areas or faculty. You can find a complete list of these subscriptions on Inside Carlson under Faculty Resources. Other databases available to Carlson Faculty and Doctoral students include:
- U of M's Business Reference Library http://www.lib.umn.edu/libdata/page.phtml?page_id=1235
- Note: To access parts of the website above, you must be on the campus network to do so. If off campus, you must use the University's VPN client before accessing the entire library website.
- WRDS website http://wrds.wharton.upenn.edu/
- Note: A WRDS account is needed to access the WRDS website. You can initiate the setup of a new account at the WRDS website (see above link). WRDS account setup and access is generally given same business day.
- Census Data - Minnesota Census Research Data Center http://mnrdc.umn.edu
- Provides researchers with access to non-public versions of:
- Decennial census and demographic surveys
- Economic census and surveys
- Health data from the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
Qualtrics Research Services
As part of the University's contract with Qualtrics, researchers have the opportunity to work with the Qualtrics Research Services team. Below are some of the services they offer:
Design & Programing
- Survey Methodology
- Survey Design
- Thought Leadership
- Expert Survey Review
Sample & Fielding
- Project Management
- List Distribution
- qBus (559.35 KB)
- Incentive Distribution
- Custom Panel Recruitment
- IHUT Studies
- In Depth Interviews
- Focus Groups
- Computer Moderations
- Data Weighting
- Open-ended Coding
- Data Cleaning
- Tabulations (stats testing)
Anaylsis & Reporting
- Regression Analysis
- Sementation Analysis
- TURF Analysis
- Pricing Analysis
- Key Driver Analysis
- Perceptual Mapping
- Topline Report
- Executive Summary
- Full Report
If you are interested in working with the Qualtrics Research Services team please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLA's Liberal Arts Technologies & Innovation Services (LATIS) Research Workshop Series
LATIS offers a series of workshops created by our experts that are free and open to all faculty and graduate students. Previous workshops include:
- Intro to Python for Social Scientists
- Intro to R for Social Scientists
- Intro to Nvivo
- Intro to E-Prime
- Introduction to Ggplot2 in R & Lab
- Getting Data from the Web
- Designing a Research Workflow
- Qualitative Workflows and Tools
- Reproducible Research in R
- Automating Data Acquisition and Workflow
- Information Visualization: Creating Graphics for Publication
For more information about the current workshops being offered please visit: z.umn.edu/LATISworkshops.