Part-Time MBA - Career
The possibilities for your career in business are vast. So whether you’re looking to advance your career or pivot to new opportunities, the Carlson School can help you get there.
The Graduate Business Career Center (GBCC) prepares MBA students for successful internship and job searches and connects students to top companies across the world.
Need career advice? Our professional career coaches can help with all aspects of your career development. From defining a business career that fits you best to negotiating job offers, your career coach will be with you every step of the way.
- Fun Fridays: Visits to local companies
- Virtual Resumania: Connect with real recruiters for resume feedback
- Careers & Beers: TED-style career talks from alumni, staff, students, and local professionals
- Coffee with BD: Connect with our business development team to explore contacts at different companies
- Greenlight Program: Prepare for MBA hiring season with two evenings of tips on resumes, networking, LinkedIn, interviewing, and more
- Career Treks: Visits to cities across the country
- Webinars: Lunchtime sessions on topics ranging from on-campus recruiting to resumes (archived for year-round, on-demand access)
- Assessments: CareerLeader, Imperative
- Job search tools
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- Interview preparation
- Offer evaluation and negotiation strategies
Navigating a Career Transition
Part-Time MBA alum Grace Kasozi decided to change fields, completed her degree, and reoriented her career—all within 17 months.
Powerful alumni network
With more than 50,000 members in 95 countries, the Carlson School alumni network forms a cross-section of some of the world's most influential business leaders.