The MS in Business Analytics is a rigorous, fast-paced graduate program for analytical thinkers with an interest in business. Qualified applicants should demonstrate a capacity for intense academic study, a propensity for mathematics and programming, and a basic understanding of business fundamentals.
Who Should Apply?
Recent graduates and early-career professionals with analytical backgrounds are eligible for the program. Ideal candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate degree in economics, mathematics, engineering, business, computer science, statistics, or related field is preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer programming in at least one of the following computer programming languages is required: Python, R, C, C++, C#, VB, Java, Pascal, or Fortran. Academic transcripts, certificates from online courses, or work experience may be cited to meet this requirement.
- At least one-semester college level calculus course is required.
- Work experience is not required, but strongly preferred.
Note: International students who require F-1 visa are not eligible for the Part-Time MSBA program.
The full-time program begins only in June (Summer) term.
- Round 1: November 1
- Round 2: January 4
- Round 3: February 1 - Final deadline for international applicants
- Round 4: March 15 - Final deadline for domestic applicants
The part-time program begins only in Fall term.
- Round 1: December 1
- Round 2: February 1
- Round 3: April 1
- Round 4: June 1
- Round 5: July 15
*Applications submitted past July 15th will be considered on a space-available basis.
IMPORTANT: Full-time MSBA Program Orientation is required for all incoming students and it is tentatively scheduled for June 3-7, 2019. In addition, we are planning required boot camps few days prior to the Orientation, tentatively scheduled for May 29-31, 2019.
The Carlson School is offering $400,000 in merit-based scholarships for qualified students to join the full-time MSBA program in June 2019.