Institute for Research in Marketing
The Institute for Research in Marketing leverages the expertise of the Carlson School's world class marketing faculty and an advisory board of practitioners from leading corporations to foster rigorous and relevant research that improves the science and practice of marketing. The Institute provides a forum for dialogue among marketing scholars, practitioners, policymakers, and students.
Two Marketing Profs Named Among Top 40 in World
Professor Kathleen Vohs and Associate Professor Vladas Griskevicius have been selected by Poets & Quants as two of the "40 Most Outstanding B-School Profs Under 40 in the World." To compile its list, Poets & Quants polled business school administration, faculty, students, and alumni for their top picks.
Carmen Johnson, Director of Global Consumer Insights, is currently responsible for providing insight and inspiration about consumers and operators to fuel category growth in the Convenience & Foodservice division. Carmen has been with General Mills since 2002 driving growth and innovation across the US retail divisions, Latin America in the International division, and in the central consumer insights organization.
“Position Auctions with Budget-Constraints: Implications for Advertisers and Publishers,” by Asst. Prof. Yi Zhu in Marketing Science
“Mindsets Matter: Implications for Branding Research and Practice,” by Prof. Deborah Roedder John, Journal of Consumer Psychology
“Service Failure Recovery and Prevention: Managing Stockouts in Distribution Channels,” by Assoc. Prof. Tony Cui in Marketing Science
Awards and Grants
- Top 10 Reviewer Award for the Journal of Consumer Psychology - Prof. Deborah John
- Dean's Grant/Teaching Development Award - Sr. Lecturer Jay Lipe
- Outstanding Elective Faculty of the Year Award and the new MBA Excellence in Business Practice Award - Sr. Lecturer Seth Werner
- MSI Young Scholar Award - Asst. Prof. Maria Ana Vitorino and Asst. Prof. Alison Jing Xu
- HBES Early Career Award for Distinguished Scientific Contribution - Assoc. Prof. Vladas Griskevicius
- National Natural Science Foundation of China Grant - Assoc. Prof. Tony Cui
- Carlson School Dean's Small Grant - Assoc. Prof. Carlos Torelli