The Institute for Research in Marketing leverages the expertise of the Carlson School's world class marketing faculty and an advisory board of practitioners from leading corporations to foster rigorous and relevant research that improves the science and practice of marketing.
In the News
In a world where change is constant, managing a business and communication with valued customers can be challenging. Steve Goodyear, program director at the Institute for Research in Marketing, spoke with four Minnesota business leaders to find out what they’re focusing on in 2016. Read his article in the Star Tribune.
U of M Named No. 19 Best Business and Economics University in the World
U.S. News and World Report has named the University of Minnesota as the No. 19 Best Global University for Economics and Business. This ranking places the University in third place among public institutions. Additionally, the University was ranked the 29th Best Global University in general, having 21 disciplines making the global top 100.
Featured FacultyBarbara Loken
David C. McFarland Professor of Marketing
Dan Peterson is Director, Corporate Marketing Insight for Land O’Lakes, Inc., the second-largest cooperative in the nation with approximately 9,500 employees and sales of nearly $15 billion. Land O’Lakes is number 218 on the Fortune 500. Read MoreDan Peterson
"Serving vegetables first: A strategy to increase vegetable consumption in elementary school cafeterias," by Associate Prof. Joseph Redden in Appetite
"Cognitive adaptations to stressful environments: When childhood adversity enhances adult executive function," by Prof. Vlad Griskevicius, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology
“Service Failure Recovery and Prevention: Managing Stockouts in Distribution Channels,” by Assoc. Prof. Tony Cui in Marketing Science
Awards and Grants
- Thomson Reuters Highly Cited Researcher - Prof. Kathleen Vohs
- Early Career Award from the Association for Consumer Research - Assoc. Prof. Vladas Griskevicius
- Top 10 Reviewer Award for the Journal of Consumer Psychology - Prof. Deborah John
- Dean's Grant/Teaching Development Award - Sr. Lecturer Jay Lipe
- Outstanding Elective Faculty of the Year Award and the new MBA Excellence in Business Practice Award - Sr. Lecturer Seth Werner
- MSI Young Scholar Award - Asst. Prof. Maria Ana Vitorino and Asst. Prof. Alison Jing Xu
- Dean's Small Grand, Carlson School of Management - Asst. Prof. Linli Xu
- John D.C. Little Award for Best Marketing Paper Published in Marketing Science or Management Science - Asst. Prof. Yi Zhu