Institute for Research in Marketing
The Institute for Research in Marketing leverages the expertise of the Carlson School's world class marketing faculty and an advisory board of practitioners from leading corporations to foster rigorous and relevant research that improves the science and practice of marketing. The Institute provides a forum for dialogue among marketing scholars, practitioners, policymakers, and students.
U of M Named No. 19 Best Business and Economics University in the World
U.S. News and World Report has named the University of Minnesota as the No. 19 Best Global University for Economics and Business. This ranking places the University in third place among public institutions. Additionally, the University was ranked the 29th Best Global University in general, having 21 disciplines making the global top 100.
“I love [researching] self-control because I was a person who was constantly using self-control and was very aware of using it,” Vohs said. “I’m a very goal-focused individual, and so as a consequence I’m always thinking about my goals and I’m trying to change my behavior to be in-line with those goals.”
Augeo Affinity Marketing
David Kristal is the founder, CEO and Co-Chairman of Augeo Affinity Marketing. Prior to forming Augeo, Kristal began his career as an attorney at Winthrop and Weinstine, then left the firm in 1993 to create and run the business development function at Weisman Enterprises, a large, privately held transaction management company. He joined Embers Restaurants as its CEO in 1998 to lead its turnaround effort, a result of which was the formation of Augeo.
“Position Auctions with Budget-Constraints: Implications for Advertisers and Publishers,” by Asst. Prof. Yi Zhu in Marketing Science
“Mindsets Matter: Implications for Branding Research and Practice,” by Prof. Deborah Roedder John, Journal of Consumer Psychology
“Service Failure Recovery and Prevention: Managing Stockouts in Distribution Channels,” by Assoc. Prof. Tony Cui in Marketing Science
Awards and Grants
- Early Career Award from the Association for Consumer Research - Assoc. Prof. Vladas Griskevicius
- Top 10 Reviewer Award for the Journal of Consumer Psychology - Prof. Deborah John
- Dean's Grant/Teaching Development Award - Sr. Lecturer Jay Lipe
- Outstanding Elective Faculty of the Year Award and the new MBA Excellence in Business Practice Award - Sr. Lecturer Seth Werner
- MSI Young Scholar Award - Asst. Prof. Maria Ana Vitorino and Asst. Prof. Alison Jing Xu
- HBES Early Career Award for Distinguished Scientific Contribution - Assoc. Prof. Vladas Griskevicius
- National Natural Science Foundation of China Grant - Assoc. Prof. Tony Cui
- Carlson School Dean's Small Grant - Assoc. Prof. Carlos Torelli