Institute for Research in Marketing
The Institute for Research in Marketing leverages the expertise of the Carlson School's world class marketing faculty and an advisory board of practitioners from leading corporations to foster rigorous and relevant research that improves the science and practice of marketing. The Institute provides a forum for dialogue among marketing scholars, practitioners, policymakers, and students.
Two Marketing Profs Named Among Top 40 in World
Professor Kathleen Vohs and Associate Professor Vladas Griskevicius have been selected by Poets & Quants as two of the "40 Most Outstanding B-School Profs Under 40 in the World." To compile its list, Poets & Quants polled business school administration, faculty, students, and alumni for their top picks.
Assistant Professor Alison Jing Xu is fascinated by decisions – specifically the decision-making process and how people grapple with, then make, what they believe to be “right” decisions. When it came to working with the Carlson School of Management, however, Xu said the decision was a simple one, given its reputation for being a very research intensive and active school with marketing faculty who are productive and well-known in the field.
Tim Larson is Vice President, Global Customer Excellence at Polaris, leading the Polaris Sales, Service, Corporate Marketing and Interactive teams. He is responsible for retail performance and delivering remarkable, integrated experiences throughout the customer journey, across Polaris’ brands, dealers and digital channels.
Forthcoming (August 2015):
"Attention Modes and Price Importance: How Experiencing and Mind-Wandering Influence the Prioritization of Changeable Stimuli," by Prof. Rohini Ahluwalia in the Journal of Consumer Research.
"It's Not Just Numbers: Cultural Identities Influence How Nutrition Information Influences the Valuation of Foods," by Assoc. Prof. Carlos J. Torelli in the Journal of Consumer Psychology.
Awards and Grants
- MSI Young Scholar Award - Asst. Prof. Maria Ana Vitorino and Asst. Prof. Alison Xu
- HBES Early Career Award for Distinguished Scientific Contribution - Assoc. Prof. Vladas Griskevicius
- National Natural Science Foundation of China Grant - Assoc. Prof. Tony Cui
- Carlson School Dean's Small Grant - Assoc. Prof. Carlos Torelli
- National Science Center of Poland Grant - Prof. Kathleen Vohs
- 3M non-Tenured Faculty Grant Award - Asst. Prof. Yi Zhu
- Annaliese Maier Research Award - Prof. Kathleen Vohs