Institute for Research in Marketing
The Institute for Research in Marketing leverages the expertise of the Carlson School's world class marketing faculty and an advisory board of practitioners from leading corporations to foster rigorous and relevant research that improves the science and practice of marketing. The Institute provides a forum for dialogue among marketing scholars, practitioners, policymakers, and students.
Two Marketing Profs Named Among Top 40 in World
Professor Kathleen Vohs and Associate Professor Vladas Griskevicius have been selected by Poets & Quants as two of the "40 Most Outstanding B-School Profs Under 40 in the World." To compile its list, Poets & Quants polled business school administration, faculty, students, and alumni for their top picks.
For over 20 years, Professor Deborah Roedder John has focused on issues related to consumer branding. She is an expert on how consumers respond to certain types of brand strategies and how firms can use branding strategies to achieve their goals. One of her recent projects examines how consumers who strongly identify themselves with a particular brand respond when people very different from them begin using the same brand.
Paul Hillen was appointed the position of Vice President of Corporate Brand and Marketing for Cargill globally in December of 2011. He has responsibility for managing and building Cargill's brand globally, and for building the marketing capability and services in Cargill. This appointment is in addition to his other role of Global Growth Leader for Cargill's Food Ingredients and Systems businesses.
"It's Not Just Numbers: Cultural Identities Influence How Nutrition Information Influences the Valuation of Foods," by Assoc. Prof. Carlos J. Torelli in the Journal of Consumer Psychology.
Awards and Grants
- MSI Young Scholar Award - Asst. Prof. Maria Ana Vitorino and Asst. Prof. Alison Xu
- HBES Early Career Award for Distinguished Scientific Contribution - Assoc. Prof. Vladas Griskevicius
- National Natural Science Foundation of China Grant - Assoc. Prof. Tony Cui
- Carlson School Dean's Small Grant - Assoc. Prof. Carlos Torelli
- National Science Center of Poland Grant - Prof. Kathleen Vohs
- 3M non-Tenured Faculty Grant Award - Asst. Prof. Yi Zhu
- Annaliese Maier Research Award - Prof. Kathleen Vohs