Institute for Research in Marketing
The Institute for Research in Marketing leverages the expertise of the Carlson School's world class marketing faculty and an advisory board of practitioners from leading corporations to foster rigorous and relevant research that improves the science and practice of marketing. The Institute provides a forum for dialogue among marketing scholars, practitioners, policymakers, and students.
Two Marketing Profs Named Among Top 40 in World
Professor Kathleen Vohs and Associate Professor Vladas Griskevicius have been selected by Poets & Quants as two of the "40 Most Outstanding B-School Profs Under 40 in the World." To compile its list, Poets & Quants polled business school administration, faculty, students, and alumni for their top picks.
James S. Henney
During a 25-year career in retail financial services, James S. Henney has held a series of marketing, product management and research management positions supporting a wide spectrum of businesses, including retail banking, mortgage, small business and wholesale banking. Currently, he is Senior Vice President of the Enterprise Customer Insights group for Wells Fargo Bank.
Forthcoming (August 2015):
"Attention Modes and Price Importance: How Experiencing and Mind-Wandering Influence the Prioritization of Changeable Stimuli," by Prof. Rohini Ahluwalia in the Journal of Consumer Research.
"It's Not Just Numbers: Cultural Identities Influence How Nutrition Information Influences the Valuation of Foods," by Assoc. Prof. Carlos J. Torelli in the Journal of Consumer Psychology.
Awards and Grants
- Top 10 Reviewer Award for the Journal of Consumer Psychology - Prof. Deborah John
- Dean's Grant/Teaching Development Award - Sr. Lecturer Jay Lipe
- Outstanding Elective Faculty of the Year Award and the new MBA Excellence in Business Practice Award - Sr. Lecturer Seth Werner
- MSI Young Scholar Award - Asst. Prof. Maria Ana Vitorino and Asst. Prof. Alison Jing Xu
- HBES Early Career Award for Distinguished Scientific Contribution - Assoc. Prof. Vladas Griskevicius
- National Natural Science Foundation of China Grant - Assoc. Prof. Tony Cui
- Carlson School Dean's Small Grant - Assoc. Prof. Carlos Torelli